We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CAT Riviera Maya or CAT Playa Maroma

City
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
CAT Riviera Maya or CAT Playa Maroma

Someone suggested that I post in this forum for more info (Thanks Girl)

Which should we consider?

Can you share your knowledge on both, please. Size, food, best beach, rooms, oceanfront, distance from airport, closest to town and whatever else you think is amazing. TYIA :)

Jada

Edited: 26 February 2012, 19:48
Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CAT Riviera Maya or CAT Playa Maroma

They are both smaller sized resorts but there is no comparison as far as the beach goes. Cat Maroma wins hands down. Food and service is similar at both but Cat Maroma is much closer to the airport. Cat Maroma is closer to Playa del Carmen but Cat Riviera Maya is in the gated community of Puerto Adventuras. Cat Riviera Maya probably has newer rooms overall but Cat Maroma's rooms are clean and comfortable.

Toronto
Level Contributor
183 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CAT Riviera Maya or CAT Playa Maroma

I haven't been to CAT Maroma to compare but I can tell you that some posters on TA have said that the CAT Maya is 1 hr and 20 min. from the airport but it's only one hour and it's a very comfortable and interesting drive on a big, comfy bus!

3. Re: CAT Riviera Maya or CAT Playa Maroma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 01:17