We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Few Questions i need some help with please????

ireland
Level Contributor
169 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Few Questions i need some help with please????

Hello Guys,

I'm travelling on honeymoon in October to Dreams Puerto Adventuras in Mexico from Ireland for 10 nights all inclusive!

Here is a few questions I have:

Our currency is Euro, what is the best currency for me to change to take on honeymoon?

What is the rough cost of drinks, meals out for a couple, just incase we decide to venture out of our hotel for a night or two for a meal and few drinks? Also buying souveniors?

Where is the best place to go and book and what price is it to swim with dolphins over there as this is a thing i def want to do over there?

Does all inclusive mean all drinks like Heineken, Bulmers, Magners Cider and Smirnoff Vodka are also included in all inclusive or are these to be paid for in Dreams Puerto Adventuras?

Is the night entertainment in the hotel any good?

What would weather be like in 2nd week in October?

Can anyone reccommend trips or tours that would be nice to do while we are on honeymoon?

How far would we be from a local town to go for nice walks in the evening?

Anyone with any tips would be so much appreciated as i have never travelled too far from home so to be honest i am nervous enough, but we are really looking forward to heading off for ten days of a break together as newly weds!!!!

Thanks again in advance

Caroline

1. Re: Few Questions i need some help with please????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 June 2012, 11:41
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,402 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Few Questions i need some help with please????

A reviewer previously said:

Liquor - some people complained about not having premium brands. Here's my advice: whatever your drink of choice, just ask what type they carry. They have plenty of good booze and beer. I made a list:

Corona (also in mini fridge in room)

Corona Lite

Bud Lite

Bud

Modelo (not available at beach...only on tap in glasses...unless you tip well)

Johnny Walker Red

Cutty Sark

Jack Daniels

Southern Comfort

Absolut

Stolichnaya

Smirnoff

Beefeater

Tanguerey

Kahlua

Cuervo

Sauza

Numer of very good Mexican tequillas

Bacardi

Malibu

Captain Morgan

And a bunch more...

Here's the full review plus many others, of course:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g153510-d530…

One of this reviewers main complaints was not getting his room at 11AM. (???) I don't know why so many whine about this when normal check in time is 3pm or 4pm at most hotels.

Have a lovely trip!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,402 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Few Questions i need some help with please????

As to beers, well.....let's just say I can't get a pint of Smithwicks, but you might want to try the Modelo.

Bud/budlite is horrible stuff, don't waste a free drink on that!

But you'll be in Mexico, so drink tequila! :-)

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,309 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Few Questions i need some help with please????

Excellent chance you'll find Smirnoff but pretty much zero chance of finding cider anywhere.

The good news is that booze is included in the AI. I don't know about Dreams specifically but many AI resorts offer "premium" wines and sometimes booze for an extra charge ...... but it's optional. I don't believe Smirnoff would fall into this category; Grey Goose vodka might.

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Few Questions i need some help with please????

The town of Puerto Aventuras is a short 2 block walk. Restaurants, shopping and a Dolophin place are there. Xplor or Xcaret would be great excursions to go on. Look them up on the internet.

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
413 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Few Questions i need some help with please????

Weather can be perfect in October but this is in the heart of the Hurricane season so I would take insurance just in case you need to cancel or leave.

We have had hurricanes at home so they really do not scare me very much but I would not want to be there if they had one.

We like October as it is less crowded and beautiful weather, I guess we have been lucky.

Dreams is located in a little town so you can walk around, shop, etc. The best shopping is on 5th Avenue a 30 minute cab ride away.

You should know that at the resort all your food, drinks are included as are most of your water sports. Just a little cash for tipping.

Last October we booked the best tour, Jungle Maya plus Tulum. - this is there website - http://www.alltournative.com/ I would highly recommend this.

Hope this answers some of your questions I know you are going to love it.

7. Re: Few Questions i need some help with please????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 15:17