We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catalonia April 14-19

Denver
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Catalonia April 14-19

Any going to the Catalonia on April 15-19 or has any one stayed there in the past 6 months who can tell us about the rooms food ect.

South Milwaukee, WI
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Catalonia April 14-19

We'll be at Catalonia 15-22 April. Started packing yesterday!!!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Catalonia April 14-19

We stayed at the Catalonia March 5-12, and also last February.

The rooms are fine - nothing fancy but roomy and comfortable. They don't have a fridge, which is a minor inconvenience. We typically bring bottles for water or big mugs; the bartenders will fill them up for you. We always use the safe which you pay $3/day; other resorts we have stayed at offer safes at no charge.

The food was ok, we thought it was better in 2005. The buffets offer lots of variety but the two complaints we had is that they ran out of plates and sometimes the food was cold. However, you can always get pasta, the fruit is wonderful, and there are lots of choices. The restaurants were all good; we liked the italian the best. The best thing I had all week was a banana split at the new ice cream & crepe shop - make sure you go there! It's upstairs by the italian/mexican restaurants. The hours are kind of weird, 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., but they aren't open every day so you have to keep checking. They have lots of good ice cream treats and it's very fancy - chefs and all! We almost always ate lunch at the snack bar by the pool - they had great jalapena poppers, onion rings, burgers, hot dogs, etc.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Denver
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Catalonia April 14-19

To gak128, what time are you flighing in on the 15th, any plans while you are there?? How many in your group?? We haven'e stated packing yet (but think we need to! We are having a going away party this weekend ( to get Primed) May be we'll see ya there :)

South Milwaukee, WI
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Catalonia April 14-19

We arrive about 12:30pm on American non-stop from chicago. Haven't planned to do much except be lazy and drink. Wife wants to swim with dolphins so I'm sure she'll be doing that. I'm not a big fan of that so I'll just take pictures. It's just my wife and I. Our first time to Cancun area. How many in your group? Weather better be nice. Hope to see you there.

Denver
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Catalonia April 14-19

We are 2 couples strong (no kids, YEH), and ready to have a great time. My husband and I have been to the area about 10 times, so if you need any help let us know! The swim with the Dolphins is great (have done it two times, and would do it again in a second, you might want to think about doing, my husband didn't want to either but we forced him and he liked it) where is she going to do it?? I think we are there about the same time maybe we'll see you at the airport.