We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress Code at EDSS

Stafford
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dress Code at EDSS

Hi,

Can anyone advise of the dresscode of an evening? Can men wear shorts or is it trousers only?

Many thanks

James

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,488 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress Code at EDSS

James,

From the Karisma website EDSS fact sheet:

Dress Code

To enhance our unique dining experience, please

comply with our “casual-elegance” dress code in all

gourmet restaurants.

Ladies: (Capri pants, dresses, skirts, long pants, shoes,

dress sandals)

Gentlemen: (Bermuda shorts, long pants, collared

shirts, dress sandals, casual shoes)

Enjoy your trip!

Edited: 25 June 2012, 18:18
Stafford
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress Code at EDSS

Thanks very much the reply.

Does anyone have any experience on how long the shorts need to be? E.g over the knee? Think must of mine are knee length but not 3/4. Worried this could give me a problem.

Cheers for the help

James

ske
SUSSEX
Level Contributor
992 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress Code at EDSS

I have messaged about this and have been told that knee length are fine as long as not beach/day shorts and they are strict about collared tshirts and covered shoes. Go very soon so can update you!

Amesbury, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress Code at EDSS

I'm going on sunday and will be taking smart shorts along with a few casual shirts and collered t-shirts. I'm pretty sure any length of short will be fine as long as you look half decent. fingers crossed

Ellon, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress Code at EDSS

Are round necked and v necked T shirts acceptable for men?

Texas
Level Contributor
368 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress Code at EDSS

I was amazed how some of the men were dressing - I would say they are very lenient on the dress code. There were men in what looked to me like swim trunks and t-shirts at dinner, one man had some scraggly looking shorts on with a t-shirt - so I would say as long as you look nice you will be fine.

ske
SUSSEX
Level Contributor
992 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress Code at EDSS

Here now. For dinner - They say tshirts should have collars. One restaurant even has a basket as you go in showing what is/is not acceptable. Think it depends who is at the door as you go in........

Others have talked about having to go to PDC to buy some or return to room to change. I would pack some just in case.

Fairview, Illinois
Level Contributor
273 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dress Code at EDSS

Shorts above the knee are fine. They are trying to keep people from wearing swimwear and bluejeans/cutoffs to dinner. Stay away from v-necks and non-collered dress shirts, they may send you away. Also tennis shoes and flip flops are no no's.

Sometimes the are more strick then others, but always better to be on the safe side.

ske
SUSSEX
Level Contributor
992 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dress Code at EDSS

Last night we saw someone in a t shirt asked to change to a collared shirt. Pack some!

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
513 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dress Code at EDSS

EDSS is perfectly right to tell people not to wear shorts or beach type stuff for dinner.....it is totally disrespectful and i hate going to lunch or dinner to see some big fat balding person wearing next to nothing when i am trying to eat!!!

THERE, rant over!! be british....if you are, ... and wear something nice for dinner, you will feel lovely and enjoy your meal and the service much more!!!

morgs x