We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palladium - abandoned resort next door?

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Palladium - abandoned resort next door?

Does anyone know what resort used to be to the north of the Palladium Resort? There's a beautiful stretch of beach there with what looks like an abandoned resort. Then next to that is the El Dorado Seaside Suites.

Edited: 18 July 2012, 19:50
Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,242 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palladium - abandoned resort next door?

Another thread on this topic:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g499445-i9177-k559…

Our first visit to the EDSS was in September 1998 (and we went yearly for 8 years) and each of those visits the property was for turtle research. Actually our first year we were snorkeling off that beach and the researchers came with milk crates and were counting up the shells of the turtles that had hatched the night before. Not all of them made it out of the nest and they gave the little ones to us to release into the water - AMAZING experience!

We had been told that it was an abandoned resort that was turned into the research 'facility' during the nesting/hatching season. That being said, I am sure the restrictions on what could be done with that land would be quite onerous due to the wildlife. It would be wonderful to have though.... :-)

Texas
Level Contributor
353 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palladium - abandoned resort next door?

Very pretty piece of property - must have a lot of restrictions on it because it has been vacated for a long time. Being that the beach is so gorgeous right there it must have something wrong with it otherwise i would think someone would jump on that property. We were there last week and I have pictures of the for sale sign - just dreaming:)! In an earlier post it was said to be some type of beach club.

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palladium - abandoned resort next door?

-thanks for the info, and for posting that other link. All very interesting to know!

baltimore
Level Contributor
3,072 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palladium - abandoned resort next door?

@CVW- I would love to see the pic of the site/for sale sign.

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palladium - abandoned resort next door?

http://youtu.be/EZtfx-oYYhs

-here is a short piece of video that I took of the beach area.

Bolton
Level Contributor
575 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palladium - abandoned resort next door?

Wow.............

Now thats a nice bit of beach, how long is the walk from EDSS to get to that part ?

Obviously there will be no sunbeds on that patch, towels it is and will defo take our Bubba's now, might be a little far out to be going back and forth to the bar

Not long now just over 7wks, the countdown is on ..........................

Regards

Browny123

Texas
Level Contributor
353 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palladium - abandoned resort next door?

The walk is not far at all - yes a little far to walk back and forth for beverages but from EDSS to Palladium at most 30 minutes and that is really taking your time prob more like 15 minutes. We did it every day while we were there last week.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,242 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palladium - abandoned resort next door?

Make sure you bring a hat if you are very fair skinned like me! It is a lovely area (it was on our last visit to the EDSS and still looks to be so from GH's video).

Quick question, are those nasty geese still there? Man, I hate those things. Our first year there were only 3 and each year more and more would show up or hatch, I am not sure. Hubby and I were walking along the beach there one of our days and I was right at the water's edge and a few of them started chasing me and nipping/beaking at me (luckily I was much faster then than I am now and they didn't make contact, of course my yelling and waving my hat at them probably helped that too). Hubby thought it was quite funny...me, not so much! We saw MANY people get chased by those nasty things!

ske
SUSSEX
Level Contributor
987 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palladium - abandoned resort next door?

Funny enough I did walk past last week & thought I saw some ducks!!!! Now I know they were geese. Did not attack me!!!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
10,595 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palladium - abandoned resort next door?

Actually the walk from the Palladium to EDSS is deceptive. It's about 2 miles - the turtle reserve is between the two properties. Very nice walk.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Aventuras