We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Dorado Seaside Suites/EDR - Air Con in Bars

Scotland
Level Contributor
44 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
El Dorado Seaside Suites/EDR - Air Con in Bars

We have been looking at the possibility of booking EDSS or EDR for autumn 2013. The evening humidity knocks the stuffing out of me and I don't enjoy sitting with a post meal drink or two in a bar open to the elements.

I have searched relentlessly and still can't find if the EDSS has a late night bar featuring air con. I understand from reading Karisma's own EDSS website that there is a tequila bar in the La Carreta restaurant but this seems to close around 22:30. It would seem that the main gathering point in the evenings where live music is played is the Las Guycamayas open air swing bar. Can someone kindly confirm for me the bar set up pertaining to air con facility at EDSS.

For anyone who has previously stayed at the El Dorado Royale, which seems to have an air con'd bar, could you please confirm whether or not they have some level of live music.

I don't care for Thomas Cook Airlines and would prefer to use Thomson's 787 Dreamliner service out of Scotland next year but they have dissapointingly dropped my favourite hotel's Excellence Riviera Cancun/Playa Mujeres. Dilemma ensues!!

Level Contributor
166 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites/EDR - Air Con in Bars

hi i stayed at the edss last month and there are no air con bars they are all open to the elements.....there was a nice breeze though....the bar in the mexican resturant shut when the resturant did!!!...apart from this it is a lovely place and i would go back in a flash!!!

Scotland
Level Contributor
44 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites/EDR - Air Con in Bars

Thanks for that swift confirmation Briryder. It's as I thought.

ske
SUSSEX
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites/EDR - Air Con in Bars

I was concerned about this. We have just returned and did not find it a problem. The bars are beach front and have a nice breeze.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,621 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites/EDR - Air Con in Bars

If you have to go EDR or EDSS, sorry, but I can't help. However Valentin offers 2 bars that stay open late that have air con. One is a sports bar and the other is Don Miguel's, more quiet, although I don' t think they have live music. It's a great adults only AI resort. Worth looking into.

england
Level Contributor
103 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites/EDR - Air Con in Bars

Hi

I've just returned from the Seaside Suites and went to EDR last year. We preferred EDR because it has two lovely inside air conditioned bars; the Martini bar and the Bellini bar. They are both very cosmopolitan, not typically Mexican at all but they made a welcome change from the outside bars which tended to be noisy. We really missed this at the Seaside Suites where the bars are outside and the drinks are served in plastic glasses (obviously for health and safety reasons but not particularly nice!). Any other questions just let me know and I'd be happy to advise!

ske
SUSSEX
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites/EDR - Air Con in Bars

Hi we only got plastic glasses when we said we wished to take drinks away and otherwise drinks were served in glass.

Scotland
Level Contributor
44 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites/EDR - Air Con in Bars

Thanks for your input everyone. All informative and a great source of help.

EDSS has been ruled out and EDR installed as favourite though the El Dorado Maroma might get a look in if the prices drop (considerably). Difficult times to be saving and spending well in excess of £4k for a holiday for two.

8. Re: El Dorado Seaside Suites/EDR - Air Con in Bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2013, 10:15