We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Dorado SeaSide Sunwing Transfers

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
59 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
El Dorado SeaSide Sunwing Transfers

Hey, Going to EDSS in early Dec with Sunwing. I am trying to get an idea on what people's experiences with transfers (private or the inculded shared) were with sunwing and their tour operators? How long, do they just use buses, who they use for private, etc. Trying to see if it's worth the extra $90 per person they are asking for private ... Thanks.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,170 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: El Dorado SeaSide Sunwing Transfers

Sunwing is famour for crowded / multi stop 2 hour plus shared trasnfers

We always get a separate private transfer if we book Sunwing

USA Transfer is $130 for 3-4 people ($45 pp or less round trip)

Lethbridge, Alberta
Level Contributor
300 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Dorado SeaSide Sunwing Transfers

Personal preference - but we have flown Sunwing several times and have found them efficient and safe. Always been on a bus, but it has never been full. Once my feet hit the ground I am in holiday mode and in no rush to do anything, including getting to the resort.

Bonnyville, Canada
Level Contributor
644 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Dorado SeaSide Sunwing Transfers

Yep, we just use the provided transfer too, I believe for EDSS they only stop at one or two other resorts, so hope its not bad, grab a few cold ones for the road and enjoy! I like to use it as a way to get a peek at other resorts too LOL

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
378 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Dorado SeaSide Sunwing Transfers

I have traveled many times with Sunwing, however this February will be my first time in Mexico. I will also be staying at EDSS. That being said, in every other destination I have been to I have never had any trouble at all with the transfer provided.

Happy Travels

Toronto
Level Contributor
331 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Dorado SeaSide Sunwing Transfers

I found Sunwing to be great! Only a few stops maybe 3 or 4 at the most. I have better things to spend my money on than a ride that I already have.

Edmond, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Dorado SeaSide Sunwing Transfers

Check out the rates from Lomas Travel. We have used them for about 6 years now and they have always been perfect. To EDSS, I would recommend the extra $$$ for a private transfer. Don't make a long ride longer by having to stop at 2 or 3 resorts along the way. Also, you can sometimes purchase cervezas from your drivers!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: El Dorado SeaSide Sunwing Transfers

Our past 2 trips to this area, we have had to wait on the bus, for 1 or 2 very inconsiderate couples who did not inform the driver, that they were taking a priviate shutlle and then we got underway, only to stop at several other resorts along the way.

On our trip to GSP last Feb 2010, it was also frustrating, to have to pass a resort and then u-turn back to it, for every resort.

This time, there are 6 of us taking a USA Transfer for $75. Split 6 ways, not much more than 2 beers each and a savings of at least 1 hour of beach time. AND I will be informing Sunwing that we will not be on the bus.

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: El Dorado SeaSide Sunwing Transfers

As you can see people had different experiences with the included transfer so the opinions have split, but at least you get an idea that you should not be paying the extra $90 per person they are asking for private transfer, if you get the private transfer you can get it cheaper with the USA transfers or other like them.

The private transfers are great (at least the ones I get with the USA transfers) but they cost additionally about $130 to that area per a car and if something happens on the road on the way back to the airport and you are late, it is all your responsibility to be at the airport on time - when you are on the Sunwing bus it is their concern.

We arrange the personal transfer in cases when our flights arrive late and we should hurry up to be at the resort in time to get a dinner or to have a first swim, otherwise we save money and go with the included one. They usually split people by a few groups - the ones that go to Cancun or Playa Del Carmen get separate buses and the ones that to past the PDC get the other bus.

Edited: 14 November 2012, 07:48
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
212 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: El Dorado SeaSide Sunwing Transfers

My only complaint is the people who take a private transfer but don't inform the driver and leave the rest to wait UURRGGG. Otherwise no complaints last year we were a group for a wedding and had a bus to ourselves even though it wasn't nearly full. Very polite service.

10. Re: El Dorado SeaSide Sunwing Transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 13:19
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Aventuras