We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aventura Spa Palace (ASP) or Grand Riviera Princess (GRP)

Pasadena, California
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Aventura Spa Palace (ASP) or Grand Riviera Princess (GRP)

Hi there,

I'm stuck in a pickle. I have already booked 6 nights at Grand Riviera Princess between Christmas and New Years and was wondering if I should cancel and take advantage of the ASP promotion that is going on. If both resorts cost the same, which would you choose? I have not been to either.

Thanks all.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aventura Spa Palace (ASP) or Grand Riviera Princess (GRP)

ASP hands down, Palace resorts have some fabulous benefits... 1500.0 resort credit, stay-at-one-Play at all!!!

That's just my thoughts thou, ASP is my fav!!

Happy travels

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,513 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aventura Spa Palace (ASP) or Grand Riviera Princess (GRP)

The 'Stay at one play at all" only counts if you are a Member or booked through a Member. Otherwise you are booked at a Hard Rock and can only go to HR Cancun.

I believe they are offering a 45% off discount to regular rates and Members are getting 50 % off of the Member rate. Not sure if it includes Christmas-New year's as I haven't looked.

ASP is Adults Only...

Miguel

Smithers
Level Contributor
229 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aventura Spa Palace (ASP) or Grand Riviera Princess (GRP)

The ASP promotion does include Christmas and New year's so if you do choose them I would definitely find a member to book through.

We did and we leave in under two weeks for our ASP vacation with all the perks of a member at one hell of a great price!

Pasadena, California
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aventura Spa Palace (ASP) or Grand Riviera Princess (GRP)

Thanks for all your replies. I found a couple of palace members that will refer me if I decide to book ASP. I guess I am wary because I booked a very good deal (in my opinion) at Grand Riviera Princess for my time frame. I booked it at around $1600 for 6 nights, 2pp from Dec. 26-Jan1. When I check the prices now through travel sites (kayak, expedia, etc...), it is about $3500. I was told by Palace members that it will be around $17xx.xx for the same nights at ASP + the $1,500 credit.

Other question, I understand that ASP does not have a "beach" - is there at least an easy access to one?

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
374 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aventura Spa Palace (ASP) or Grand Riviera Princess (GRP)

They have a really cool lagoon but no beach. There are tons of fish in the lagoon. They have awesome food and top shelf liquer everywhere. You also get the 1500 resort credits which you can use all at the spa and excursions like swimming with the dolphins. Booking thru a member you also get exchange privlages at playacar palace and they have a great beach! They have a shuttle that will take you there a few times a week or it's like a $16 cab ride. You also get 2 massages manis and pedis included. The $1744.02 cost is also for 7 nights not 6. I'm a member if you need anymore info let me know. We love the spa palace and although I've never been to the GRP I know what I'm getting at the spa palace and I wouldn't risk it!! Hope you have a great vacation!!

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aventura Spa Palace (ASP) or Grand Riviera Princess (GRP)

I wouldn't stay at the ASP because of their beach. The Mayan has such beautiful beaches and I can't imagine paying all that money to not have a nice beach and not really much of a natural beach at all. I would keep the GRP of the two.

PHILLIPSBURG
Level Contributor
111 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aventura Spa Palace (ASP) or Grand Riviera Princess (GRP)

I was recently at ASP and loved it! I would also like to say that I met a gentleman and his wife at ASP who were staying at GRP, they came to see ASP and actually became members. They told me that the ASP was hands down the better resort. I then saw them almost every day after as they would come to ASP for the day and then go back to the GRP to sleep each night. They had at least 2 meals a day at the ASP and said the food was 10 times better there. They enjoyed the lagoon better than the beach due to the waves and the fact his wife was not a swimmer and afraid to get in the ocean at the GRP beach. i can't speak for anyone else, and I have never been to GRP myself, just passing on what they told us.

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aventura Spa Palace (ASP) or Grand Riviera Princess (GRP)

ASP hands down! I've stayed at GRP 3 x too!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
108 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aventura Spa Palace (ASP) or Grand Riviera Princess (GRP)

We loved the Grand Riveria Princess...stayed Platinum and wouldn't hesitate recommending it to you at all. We have not seen the ASP yet, either one I think would be great!!

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aventura Spa Palace (ASP) or Grand Riviera Princess (GRP)

I stayed at GRP Platinum 3x and I can tell you Princess resorts and Palace / Hard Rock resorts are not on the same level! Palace resorts are MUCH better!