We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking for one person at Barcelo Palace.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
763 posts
Save Topic
Booking for one person at Barcelo Palace.

I'm looking to go here, but the hubby is upset about paying $2000 or more per person for Mexico for 10 days. He recalls the other years that we paid one year $1600 and another year $1900, so I still wanna go since its my 50th. But is everything based on double occupancy? I would like 10 days with family, or 8 days by myself, was looking at spring break around March 13th, but if I go by myself, I can take vacation any time. My bday is April 9th, but that time seems $$ too?

Any suggestions?

Gatineau, Quebec
Level Contributor
268 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking for one person at Barcelo Palace.

We've been to the Barcelo Maya Palace 3 times. We've also stayed at the Barcelo Tropical twice. The Tropical is cheaper than the Palace and I would go back there any day. For the Palace you do get those very nice restaurants that you can always pay for if you are staying at the Tropical. If you really want to go to the Barcelo but your budget does not permit you to stay at the Palace - I would not hesitate and stay at the Tropical if there is a big difference in price around the time you want to go.

Michigan
Level Contributor
145 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking for one person at Barcelo Palace.

Bestsis - those dates you mention are high season, even the 4/9 is on the tail end of Easter week. To my knowledge minimum pricing is based on double occupancy.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,799 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking for one person at Barcelo Palace.

The Single Supplement base room rate at any of the Barcelo Maya resort sections for that peak time of year is 160% of the per person/double occupancy rate.

For example, the deluxe Palace has a double occupancy nightly rack rate of $466US for any night during peak season, which equates to $233US per person/per night.

The nightly rack rate for that same room & time period for a single occupancy guest is $373US. So you're not going to save a whole lot going by yourself!

You can get far-better single-guest rates using one of the tour operators that specialize in that type occupancy and a simple Google search will help you to contact them. They may not have the Barcelo Maya specifically at this time, but they will have some great selection options!

4. Re: Booking for one person at Barcelo Palace.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 07:15