We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcel Maya - ATV trip organized by hotel

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Barcel Maya - ATV trip organized by hotel

While reading Barcelo Maya resort reviews I understood that it is possible to go on a quick ATV and cenote excursion directly from hotel. Can anybody confrim that? Can you please also share more details - like how much it cost, how long it last and how hard is to ride ATV for somebody who never did that before.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,531 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcel Maya - ATV trip organized by hotel

You can simply walk across the highway from the Barcelo main gate to a local cenote.

You can arrange for an ATV excursion from any one of the tour representatives in your Barcelo lobby. They are not that difficult to operate if you have any sort of driving experience as they are the more-stable "quad" variety to minimize rollovers and injuries which do occur.

The only excursion that the resort itself actually offers is their Segway tour of the complex, which was $35US per person. Minimum age was 10 years.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcel Maya - ATV trip organized by hotel

I just came back from Barceló Maya Tropical. They organize ATV tours right at the resort and the price is 45$ for single rider and tour takes about 1h 10min. I did not take this tour myself, as I booked longer tour outside of resort.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcel Maya - ATV trip organized by hotel

You can do an ATV tour right on the property.

We did the onsite ATV ride and cenote and had a blast. $35.00 for about 40 minute ride and 20 minutes in the cenote.

We booked at a booth on the Colonial/Tropical side near the LARGE chess game and where you do pottery painting... We met there, walked to the Beach side, rode up the road by the Beach section and across the main (property) road to the Palace, back across to the Beach and did some riding around in the bush and then to the cenote. Ride back and onto the Beach and finished were we started. It was a good taste and had no issues. We would do it again..

4. Re: Barcel Maya - ATV trip organized by hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2014, 06:15