We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EDSS rooms

UK
9 posts
Save Topic
EDSS rooms

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help.

We are thinking of booking our honeymoon here in Sept and have been priced the Royal Swim up Suite and it is coming in around £4100 for 2 people AI for 2 weeks.

Do this sound like a fair price?

Can anyone advise on what these rooms are like?

Many thanks

John

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,372 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EDSS rooms

I will defer to others regarding the price but you can find information on the room itself here: karismahotels.com/HotelsResorts/ForAdultsOnl…

Edited: 05 February 2013, 21:52
Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EDSS rooms

John... September? - possible hurricane season? -

We went in November for two weeks in a "normal" room - £3000, including flight upgrades

You say swim up "suite" but is it a swim up room? - if sio, it will only get the sun in the morning...

Sounds a bit pricey to me...

See my review..

ATB,J.

romford
Level Contributor
4,454 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EDSS rooms

HeptSepti John,

s

We had a swimup suite when we stayed there last Aug/Sept. I think we paid around £3,900, which included Premium Economy seating and £630 for the room upgrade.

Royal suite .. not too sure where these are, but the only ones that come to mind are the ones located near the beach, but have people walking to/fro not giving you much privacy .. if it's the same rooms I'm thinking of, or perhaps they are in the new block which is situated the furthest away from the beach? Perhaps it might be an idea to email the EDSS and ask them.

As for the weather, we had about 20 mins of rain on one day (which was a God send) with a bit of rain through the night, although by the time we arose in the morning it was bone dry.

We will be returning the same time this year, but staying at their sister resort ..El Dorado Maroma.

Regards,

Pat

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EDSS rooms

karismahotels.com/HotelsResorts/ForAdultsOnl…

Look at the bottom of this page and click on the PDF factsheet for details for the rooms!

PS

We paid £4500 in feb for 2 with Premium seating on the aircraft, so not a bad price John if your in the Royal suite!!

HTH

Tricky

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,372 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EDSS rooms

Oh and we usually travel to the area in September (~10 times so far) and have run into 1 hurricane. We were actually staying at the EDSS that trip and hurricane Isidore visited at the same time. We were not evacuated and had quite a memorable trip with the other 10 or so guests and the employees and their families that were invited to be at the resort during the storm.

September is, by far, our favorite time to visit the RM as the weather is usually beautiful with a nice breeze. Yes, you can have passing showers during the day but in the 9 visits (not including the hurricane one) we have only had to get out of the pool once for about 10 minutes when there was lightening in the area. The daytime showers (if they occur) pass quickly and you can see some really spectacular storms at night (I love to watch them roll in over the ocean). Get trip insurance that will cover hurricanes (especially as you are coming from the UK, we personally do not purchase the insurance due to our being able to change our reservations very easily).

We will likely be back again this fall (hopefully either August or Sept) to the EDM (have also been to the EDSS 8 times). Enjoy your trip!

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
325 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EDSS rooms

I am with Akandal. I literally always travel to RM in Sept and have not had any problems (knoking on wood). Just make sure you get travel insurance with "cancel any reason" coverage and you'll be fine.

I stayed at EDSS in 2010 and stayed in a swim up suite. This was by far one of my favorite swim up rooms at any resort. In fact we enjoyed the room so much that we didn't go to the main pool one time during our stay. Our room got sun plenty of sun, never had to worry about finding a lounge chair to sun myself, our neighbors were friendly and sociable and I could float my lazy behind to the swim up bar. lol A truly relaxing experience and enjoyable experience.

7. Re: EDSS rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2014, 06:17