We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from the CAT, better than ever

Choctaw, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from the CAT, better than ever

Just returned from a our 7th time at the CAT. Things were better than ever. I'll be submitting a new review shortly. Got to meet Islandman, Roadliner and bluejune. All great people. Also got to meet the new manager and she has done some amazing stuff with more to come. If you have any questions, fire away.

BigDave

Kansas City Mo
Level Contributor
425 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from the CAT, better than ever

I looked at this resort and I just wondered if any of the rooms overlook the beach. I love sitting on my balcony and drinking my morning coffee watching the ocean waiting for everyone to wake up.

Fond du Lac...
Level Contributor
226 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from the CAT, better than ever

could you tell me do they allow children or is it adult only

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from the CAT, better than ever

Is the new Manager Silvia or is she now gone?

Where and when can you get the best coffee services?

How was the wait for ala cartes - still long?

Did you get a Golf Cart while you were there? I thought it might be good way to get familiar with the resort...any thoughts?

Any knowledge of the Coba Tour through Noli?

6 more sleeps and I will be in paradise!!!

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from the CAT, better than ever

Theresa - There are some that do overlook the ocean. I'm pretty sure they are upgraded rooms.

Tripme - Children are allowed.

Choctaw, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from the CAT, better than ever

Theresa, they have priveledged rooms that aren't considered ocean view but have an awesome view of the ocean and pools on the Riviera Maya side in bldgs 7 and 8. Also, on the Yucatan side they have what they consider ocean view rooms over the Pure Chill bar.

Lorac, Silvia is still the manager, I just hadn't met her until last week. Coffee is usually very good just inside the snack bar to the left on a self serve table. Also, ask for cappucino at any of the restaurants, it's fantastic. The ala cartes were very fast in my opinion. The only time we waited was for Italian but considering that we had a group of 8, I didn't think it was too bad. We didn't get a golf cart this time but have in the past. Most everything in Puerto Aventuras is easily accessible by walking so we don't get the golf carts anymore. If you are thinking about it strictly for the resort, there's nowhere to ride one, it's a small resort. No knowledge of Coba, sorry. Have fun

BigDave

Winnipeg, Manitoba...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from the CAT, better than ever

Any issues using American money? I have gone several times in the past and always was fine with American but hearing more and more that could be difficult to use?

Choctaw, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from the CAT, better than ever

Sandra, the only place we had any issues with U.S. cash was at the resort. Can't use it there for anything but tips. Good luck

BigDave

Choctaw, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from the CAT, better than ever

Sandra, the only place we had any issues with U.S. cash was at the resort. Can't use it there for anything but tips. Good luck

BigDave

Edited: 19 February 2013, 18:29
Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from the CAT, better than ever

Can use US cash but pesos go further.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from the CAT, better than ever

So I can or cannot use USD to pay for the cost of the safe for the week? Which I find ridiculous that I have to pay for it by the way???

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Aventuras
Recent Conversations