We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomsons Dreamliner Cancelled

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
134 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Thomsons Dreamliner Cancelled

Travelling to EDSS for a Honeymoon on June 11th 13. Today received the email i had been dreading, but expecting. We will not be flying on the 787 Dreamliner due to the highly publisised problems. I read in the press that a refund of £10pp was going to be issued to those effected and this is correct, HOWEVER as a 'good will gesture' as they call it, that has been topped up to £100pp for those who booked Premium. I am masively dissapointed not to be on the Dreamliner but what can you do? So moving on;

How have people found the alternative 767, what are the entertainment faciliaties like?

When do you find out if its a Thomson or First Choice plane? (heard FC are better?)

The email said i can book seats online from 90 days before the return flight but i have read on here taht you can do it on the phone for your flight OUT 90 days before, is that right?

Any tips for whats seats to pick? Bit concerned taht the 767 only seems to have 5/6 rows of premium seats, i'm sure the Dreamliner must have had more, not sure how this would work...

staffs
Level Contributor
861 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomsons Dreamliner Cancelled

join the Thomson facebook page,lots of info about it on there.

Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomsons Dreamliner Cancelled

Sorry, but not surprised to hear this....

Have you been told that you're no longer getting Premium seats on the revised plane?

ATB,J.

Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomsons Dreamliner Cancelled

This official statement just seems to say that Premium on the 767 isn't as good - hence the "compensation"

…thomson.co.uk/787-update/#more-1005

ATB,J.

romford
Level Contributor
4,462 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomsons Dreamliner Cancelled

Hi Lovethesun,

I believe there are 3 different versions of the 767 ...

Ex Thomson Fly is the one with 5 rows in Premium,while one of the Ex FC has 9 rows and the other 10 rows.

Regards,

Pat

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
134 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomsons Dreamliner Cancelled

Everything coming out of Thomson say that everyone will fly on that date and everyone in Premium will still be in Premuim. I find this slightly suspicious given the capacity size o both planes

6. Re: Thomsons Dreamliner Cancelled

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2014, 06:17