We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to barcelo maya

st louis
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
Transportation to barcelo maya

Funjet wants $45 per person to transport us airport to Barcelo maya beach resort. Any cheaper way?? Please help.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,802 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation to barcelo maya

Assuming that is the per person cost for a round-trip ground transfer. How many in your party?

The cost for a taxi to/from the airport/Barcelo complex for 1 to 4 passengers is $600 pesos each way.

You can also pre-book with a ground transfer service such as AGI Tours for even less.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,990 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation to barcelo maya

Best Day - shared transfers - $35 per person, round trip - http://www.bestday.com/Transfers/Cancun/

USA Transfers - private transfer for 1-3 people = $120; 1-7 people = $135 (both are round trip, per vehicle, not per person) - entertainment-plus.net/transfers/puerto-aven…

Other private transfer companies that you can price check would be Canada Transfers (never used them myself but they`re getting excellent reviews and their prices are usually slightly cheaper than USA Transfers), Cancun Valet, Lomas .... there are lots.

I`ve used both Cancun Valet and USA Transfers and would highly recommend either one. I`ve used Best Day as part of a vacation package (air, hotel and ground transfers) and wasn`t particularly impressed but, on the whole, other people seem to like them and for solo travellers, they`re a much more affordable option than a private transfer.

Mentioned in this post
USA Transfers
USA Transfers
7,798 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Best Day
Best Day
4,753 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,978 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation to barcelo maya

We used USA Transfers to get us to the Barcelo, they are great.

http://www.usa-transfers.com/

Mentioned in this post
USA Transfers
USA Transfers
7,798 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,894 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation to barcelo maya

Canada Transfers is my new recommendation

Free water / cold facecloth / pre-order beers at $1 each

Erie, Colorado
Level Contributor
124 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation to barcelo maya

We are staying at Dreams PA in November and are going to book with USA transfers.....private vehicle so there are no stops from the airport to your hotel...We booked our trip through Bookit.com and they wanted $55pp round trip...USA transfers is $135 round trip for all 5 of us...Have a great time!

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
Montréal
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation to barcelo maya

Canada transfers > USA transfers

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
Calgary
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,990 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation to barcelo maya

"Canada transfers > USA transfers"

Not sure what this means if it's meant to imply that they're the same company, they're not. USA Transfers is owned by a Canadian guy named Brant but Canada Transfers is a division of Comfort Travel. USA have been in business for years. We only started hearing about Canada Transfers comparitively recently - as in, the last six months or so.

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
USA Transfers
USA Transfers
7,798 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,894 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation to barcelo maya

> means "greater than"

Montréal
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation to barcelo maya

I've used both Canada and USA transfers and found that the child seats with Canada transfers were newer and felt safer than the ones we got with USA transfers. This is important to us as the drive from the airport is not a short one. Also the free water / cold facecloth / beers at $1 each are a great touch. We also got a great price when we booked (107$ for 6 passengers to Barcelo Palace) but I believe that the prices have since gone up.

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
Calgary
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,990 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation to barcelo maya

@ VSD - yeah, that's kinda what I thought but without explanation, it didn't really make much sense.

@ MKmont - thanks for the clarification; now post #6 makes a lot more sense to me.