We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid-End of August?

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
G B
Chicago, Illinois
12 posts
Save Topic
Mid-End of August?

We can only go around mid-end of Aug, is it really that horrible as far as hurricane season etc?

The heat doesnt scare me, I am from Brazil ;)

Thinking "Dreams Puerto Aventuras"

THANKS.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,522 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mid-End of August?

No predicting if the area will be affected by a tropical depression mid-to-end of August, but peak hurricane season is mid-September. Regardless, it will be very hot & humid with a chance for rain usually late in the day.

G B
Chicago, Illinois
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mid-End of August?

Thank you. Yes I'm also concerned about rain showers...hmmmm

Might rethink and go in December or jan but is a loooot more $!!??

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
3,175 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mid-End of August?

We have travelled twice in the past two years first week of August and only the occasional 10 min shower. Last year no rain at all except the day we left when the hurricane passed by.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
139 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mid-End of August?

We go August 27th to catalonia riviera maya

Puerto Aventuras...
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mid-End of August?

Hola G.B.,

As TravelPro198 said, it is extremely hard to predict the weather at this time of the year due to our tropical climate especially this far in advance. We do have a higher chance of rain storms at this time of year but they normally pass through fairly rapidly.

Whenever you choose to come we look forward to hosting you here at Dreams Puerto Aventuras.

Rebecca Tunstall

E-Concierge & Social Media Coordinator

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa

wales, united...
Level Contributor
33 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mid-End of August?

were looking to go 14th august could anyone let me know what to expect weather wise if they've been around this time please as travelling with a 10 yr old. comments really appreciated staying at grand riviera princess hotel in riviera maya

Choctaw, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mid-End of August?

We will be going Aug 24-30, maybe a quick shower or two, but I don't care, it's vacation and I'm going and going to have a good time. Refuse to let a little chance of a shower change my mind :)

8. Re: Mid-End of August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2014, 05:16