We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Maya Palace room and excursion recommendations

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Barcelo Maya Palace room and excursion recommendations

My family of 5 (husband and 3 kids--14,12,11) and another family of 4--kids 12, 8--are headed to the Barcelo Maya from July 15-21. We are cross-eyed from reading all the reviews, so I decided to ask you wonderful people who post in this forum for suggestions for room location suggestions at the Barceló Maya and any family friendly (and relatively budget friendly) excursion suggestions. We'll be spending more time at the pool/beaches during the day, so we probably want to be closer to those areas. Any help on specific rooms,floors, areas, etc. to request would be much appreciated.

Also, if anyone has any recommendations for excursions that would appeal to families, those would be helpful as well.

Thank you!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,249 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace room and excursion recommendations

welcome - my son just returned from Barceló

Had a great time

Went to Akumal of course and a few cenotes

Try this thread for excursion ideas

tripadvisor.ca/…35585095

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace room and excursion recommendations

Thank you!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,249 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace room and excursion recommendations

Tulum Beach Crawl and Akumal's golf cart tour is great - more details in the thread I gave

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace room and excursion recommendations

Thank you.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
951 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace room and excursion recommendations

Renee - We are headed to Barcelo Maya Palace also on 7/18 through 7/25. We will be there at the same time fellow Texan! Our kids are 9, 12 and 15. We need to get the kids together!

I am planning to email the hotel for room request. My biggest worry is the need for connecting or even adjacent rooms. This is a worry that makes me have cold feet about the entire trip. I just read a recent review that stated their two rooms were VERY far from each other. This is a nightmare to me. I am not sure this hotel responds to requests. I am going to try though. I am going to email them about 5 days prior to our trip.

I thought the first two buildings were club premium????

We are planning to do the Segway at the resort if our youngest is old enough (9). Gonna take a collectivo or cab to Akumal to do more snorkeling (bringing our own snorkel gear for akumal and resort) and then then maybe Yal ku Lagoon. We will definitely be going to Xplore and are considering Xcaret, but not sure. I want them to swim with the dolphins, but it will depend on the $$! There are cenotes across the street also.

Won't be going into Playa as it is too far from this resort for the $$$. I'd rather pay more for the stuff at the resort. If we were staying close to Playa we would definitely go.

I am closely watching the weather as well. I am a weather worrier. Don't mind some rain, but no washouts for this amount of $$.

Message me and I can let you know how to identify us!

We have never brought our kids to Mexico and so it will be a very new experience to them.

Any other recommendations out there?

Edited: 08 July 2013, 21:22
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
951 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace room and excursion recommendations

Renee,

I messaged you!

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
866 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace room and excursion recommendations

Mom of 3 crazy kids - I can't wait to see what you thought when you get back! My boys will be age 11 and 9 when we go this spring break - haven't picked a resort yet so I would Love to hear your thoughts. Have fun-- you are getting close!

Beloit, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace room and excursion recommendations

BossElf, can you maybe describe how the corner rooms are set up? Traveling with my 1yo daughter and considering an upgrade to the family suites, since neither of us want to go to bed at 7 when she does...she's a light sleeper and requires lights out and no sound. I figured a family suite would be best as we could have her in a separate room but hate the idea of being all the way at the back of the resort, as I'm sure we'll be doing a lot of back and forth to the room. Thanks!

Beloit, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace room and excursion recommendations

Nevermind on my question, sorry! I found the info elsewhere :)

10. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace room and excursion recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 07:17