We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wifi at Barcelo in junior suites club premium

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
117 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Wifi at Barcelo in junior suites club premium

Hi, All. We'll be staying in the Barcelo Colonial, and I'm wondering if it's worth upgrading from a standard room to junior suites club premium. One perk of that is ''free wifi'', but I wonder how much that's worth. It doesn't say ''free wifi in room'', so I'm wondering if it is in the room or just in the lobby. Can anyone tell me? And if you're not in the club premium, do you still have access to free wifi in the lobby? I read somewhere that wifi in the room is normally $12/ day. Is that correct? And does anyone know whether you can use more than 1 device in a room? I know this probably sounds like we plan to spend our day on the computer (I can hear some of you thinking ''why do they bother to go on vacation?'' :-), but we really don't. But I do know we will need to spend a few minutes on the PC, so will have to get wifi one way or the other. Thanks for any advice!

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wifi at Barcelo in junior suites club premium

There is no "FREE" wifi service at the Barcelo in the lobby, you have to pay... If you purchase wifi, you can use in room or lobby... only ONE device per room can be connected. you only get one password.

here is a link to the unofficical site answering this question.

unofficial-barcelo-maya.com/forum/index.php…

if the link does not work, it says..

The resort offers internet access in several ways.

The first is in one of their business centers. You may go to a center and use one of their computers for a fee. Here is a pic of the fees:

The other option is to bring a lap top. You can access the internet from your room with an ethernet cable or by wifi. Both of these options come at a price of $12 per day. If you are a club premium guest the internet access in your room is free. You will still need to go to the club premium lounge to get a password to access the internet.

If you forget your ethernet cable you can borrow one. If you forget to return the cable it will cost you $50.

You may also access the wifi connection in the hotel lobbies for the same $12 per day fee.

There is also an option of purchasing 7 days of internet access for $56.

Only one device may be connected to the internet at a time. The resort only allows one password per room.

There are five business centres around the resort:

1. Within the Colonial Lobby Stores at the Colonial Beach. Open from 9am to 9pm

2. Beside the Tropical reception area.

3. Behind the Mini Club Barcy at Colonial Beach (Near the Colonial Beach pool).

4. Located within the Beach/Caribe Lobby Stores. Open from 9am to 9pm.

5. Behind the Palace Lobby Desk. To the right of the desk, down the hall, on the right.

There's also a 24 hour internet machine located near the a la carte restaurants at Caribe Beach and Beach. This is expensive to use but available in a pinch.

Also within the Plaza Mexicana there is an internet cafe with a per minute charge for use.

Virginia
Level Contributor
117 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wifi at Barcelo in junior suites club premium

Wow! Thanks so much for the ultra-fast and very complete response, Steve77!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,249 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wifi at Barcelo in junior suites club premium

I still hate paying for wifi

Florida
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wifi at Barcelo in junior suites club premium

We really enjoy Barcelo but their internet prices our ridiculous.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wifi at Barcelo in junior suites club premium

I'm lying on the hammock on the balcony in club premium, at the Caribe, and the wifi reception is excellent you also have club premium rooms near the lobbies were they have pc's you can use for free

Virginia
Level Contributor
117 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wifi at Barcelo in junior suites club premium

Paul-LFC, I understand there is a limit of 1 PW/ device per room, but would you happen to know if this means that (a) once one device logs on, no other device is allowed to use that PW, even after the first device logs off; or alternatively (b) you cannot have 2 devices simultaneously logged on, but once one logs off, it's OK for another to log on?

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wifi at Barcelo in junior suites club premium

yes, one device at a time... one on, one off, then switch...

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wifi at Barcelo in junior suites club premium

They give you a card with login codes so you can use multiple items as long as it's only one at a time

Virginia
Level Contributor
117 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wifi at Barcelo in junior suites club premium

Thanks, Steve77 and Paul-LFC, that's useful information for planning

boulder, colorado
Level Contributor
58 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wifi at Barcelo in junior suites club premium

so if you upgrade to the club, is it truly free wifi? Does everyone get international plans for their phones to keep it affordable? I have AT &T, and I am confused as to how they charge from Mexico.