We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catalonia Yucatan Nolitours

Milton, Canada
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Topic
Catalonia Yucatan Nolitours

Hola, can anyone tell me if you go with Nolitours if you get a room on the Riviera side ? or either side ?. Also are the upgraded rooms on both sides or just the Riviera ? As I have some minor mobility issues, can anyone suggest a block of rooms that would be central to pool/buffet. My husband and I were originally going to book the Riu Playacar but due to unforeseen lower budget now, the CAT is coming in $ 250.00 pp for 1 week out of Toronto less. Not concerned about the beach as we are pool people and the CAT looks lively, which we like.Reviews seem pretty good as well.

Thanks for any help

Milton, Canada
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Catalonia Yucatan Nolitours

Just thought of another ? Maybe this will be easier, does anyone know what side you get put in when you book with Nolitours. Also which side has the air conditioned buffet. Do they shut down a buffet in low season (end of Sept, early Oct)

Thanks again

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Mission, Abbotsford
Level Contributor
5,179 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catalonia Yucatan Nolitours

Hola!

Here are your answers in order asked;

- Nolitours in the Yucatan side generally.

- Only one bldg. of upgraded rooms on Yucatan side & that is bldg. 7 Oceanfront rooms.

- Bldg 1 is very central, has an elevator & ask for top floor, has the best view, plus a ramp connecting to the upstairs terrace where the Italian, Mexican, Tapas, & Le Creperie all are.

- Yucatan side has the enclosed A/C buffet (El Mecado). But they DO close it down sometimes at low occupancy as the open air buffet (La Brisas) is way more popular. I have heard that they are supposed to reno La Brisa sometime this year in the off season, so depending, the El Mercado may be your only option!

Also the whole resort is very well laid out & no matter where your room is you are not far from anything. Don't forget to bring an insulated mug, they are worth their wait in gold! Here's the one I use available at Cdn Tire.

www.shopbubba.com/popup.aspx…

Oh & in case you haven't found it yet, here is a webpage I created with lots of pics, map, contact info etc that's helpful;

www.aplusnetworks.ca/ta/catalonia_info.htm

Oh & be sure to see Gregorio at the Margaritas Swimup bar on the Riviera side, & tell him Pablo sent you & to say Hola!

Hope this helps

Pablo

Sun 08:55 PST

Milton, Canada
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Catalonia Yucatan Nolitours

Thanks so much Pablo... I also have your info site book marked on my PC, awesome info. I will also say Hola for you for sure :)

Edited: 11 August 2013, 17:37
Milton, Canada
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Catalonia Yucatan Nolitours

Hola again,

So , if Im understanding this right, If I only book privilege but NOT oceanfront , we will be placed in the Riviera side ?

Thanks

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,179 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Catalonia Yucatan Nolitours

Exactly, only upgraded ones on Yucatan side is the Oceanfront.

Funny thing is, most Privilege/Suites are NOT in bldgs. with elevators. As of earlier this year, there are some in Tower B (Has an elevator), top floor on the Riviera Maya side. Our friend's 2 adult sons shared one in there that was just renovated to Privilege.

By the way, spent a few years in your neck of the woods, lived in Campbellville on a farm my parents had when I was in my late teens/early 20's. LOVED living there. I remember there was a great Fish & Chips store in Milton, (Golden?)...

But I digress, have a great time at the Catalonia! We are planning our 12th visit there in Jan 2014...

Pablo

Sun 10:36 PST

Edited: 11 August 2013, 18:36
vernon canada
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Catalonia Yucatan Nolitours

We ( 3 couples ) booked Cat Yucitan through nolitours. All of us were placed in rooms on the Riviera side . The Cat is not as spread out as most of the mega resorts , so getting around is much easier and quicker.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
573 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Catalonia Yucatan Nolitours

Hello

I have been following this post because I will be headed down in 5 weeks, alone with my 5 yr old daughter.

I am travelling with Nolitours as well and did opt for the upgrade.

So thank you Pablo for all your fantastic help!!!!

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,179 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Catalonia Yucatan Nolitours

De Nada Clearbay!

You'll love the Lagoon on the RM side. Nice, calm & shallow with a sandy beach perfect for the little one!

By the way, I was born & raised in Burlington & moved to BC in 89...

Have Fun!

Pablo 07:56 ST

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
573 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Catalonia Yucatan Nolitours

Pablo

I have lived all over Southern Ontario.

Burlington, by far has been the best city I have ever lived in!!!!

Cheers Pal!!

Thanks again for your great help.

Rich

10. Re: Catalonia Yucatan Nolitours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Aventuras