We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CAT Yucatan

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brantford
Level Contributor
606 posts
Save Topic
CAT Yucatan

Hola,

Sorry, not sure if I asked this ? Im getting really confused researching many different resort, so my apologies if I have asked this ? lol. Is there any live bands or live music of some sort in the early evenings before the shows ? And if there is ,is it held where people can smoke ? and also is it an every night or just a few? And what does it consist of ? Having a hard time deciding which resort. Originally wanted to go to the Riu Playacar but its a bit pricey for our budget. Considering The CAT or the Ocean Maya Royale, depending on answers :)

Thanks a bunch

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,351 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CAT Yucatan

Its been a few years since we were at the CAT but if I remember correctly there was live bands in the lounge before and after the show.

Cheers

Brantford
Level Contributor
606 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: CAT Yucatan

Thanks bergerman.... anyone know if they allow smoking in the lounge area where they host the live music ?

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CAT Yucatan

There was a very good live band one night when we were there the first week of April 2013.

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CAT Yucatan

No smoking indoors. No smoking in that bar.

vernon canada
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CAT Yucatan

There was a duo playing music in the lounge in the evenings when we were there in January.. Seemed like every other night. The lounge is a covered , open air space and I am pretty sure people were smoking there. The theater ( where the shows are ) is indoor and no smoking. The couple playing music when we were there have aparently been playing there forever. Some folks seemed to enjoy them , however I did not. (sorry) Wish the " very good live band " had been playing instead. Personally , I would recomend spending the extra $150 each and going to the Bahia , or Palladium which are better in every aspect imaginable IMHO . I would bet that you could find at least 4 or 5 lounges / bars with live music

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CAT Yucatan

No smoking in that bar. They were making the smokers step out the back of the bar area towards the Spa to smoke.

vernon canada
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CAT Yucatan

I stand corrected. Maybe a new policy , but a good one anyways.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CAT Yucatan

We just returned from our 6th visit at the Cat in July. The Abuela Bar is located at the opening of the Theater where all the shows are (they usually begin at 9). The Abuela Bar is a fantastic bar that can serve anything. It is an open air bar with a huge tall thatched roof. There are PLENTY of smokers...for those of us that don't smoke we can testify to that, but to each his own. There are plenty of ashtrays on all the little tables too. Two nights a week Sylvia and Lupo perform (a duo) and they are good...also one night while we were there, a rock band played. They only play about 2 hours. They stop just before the main shows begin in the theater.

We had some of our MOST fun here at night. We all got up and started dancing while everyone else is just sitting...well...let me tell you, the crowd got fun after that. Sylvia and Lupo told us afterward "thank you" for getting the audience involved. We didn't intend to do that, but fun is contagious! lol

In my opinion, they need a live band there every night and for longer than 2 hours. Truly, a very good time!

I love this resort and had a fantastic time here again with my family and friends.

Go, you will enjoy it I am sure!

9. Re: CAT Yucatan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2014, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Aventuras