We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hope I have picked the right hotel.

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
300 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Hope I have picked the right hotel.

Booked to go to the cat in September next year. Really looking forward to this holiday as we didn't have one this year. I have noticed a lot of bad reviews coming through recently. We picked this hotel as It didn't look too big,liked that you could snorkel right off the beach. Hope someone can put my mind at rest. I know that you can't please everyone and someone will always have a moan.

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hope I have picked the right hotel.

Hello,

What do you want people to tell you? That everything will be perfect? It may not be! I would assume since you are checking TripAdvisor now that you also checked it before you booked. At that time, you made a selection according to your list of wants and the reviews. Just because there are a few negative ones now, who cares? Go, have fun and stop worrying! The time is what you make of it!

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
300 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hope I have picked the right hotel.

No I don't want people to tell me that it will be perfect. I just wondered if people thought the negative reviews where down to people being picky or had the hotel drastically changed from when I booked. I do intent to go and make the most of my holiday.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
271 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hope I have picked the right hotel.

We just returned from there. We upgraded to Privilege and were glad we did. We had a great location for our room in the Riviera even though we booked in the Yucatan. Some of the basic rooms near the lobby don't look like very good locations. People with us on our plane were in the basic rooms and overlooked the pool and were happy. The biggest annoyance about the basic room is they don't give you daily bottled water - you have to refill your water at the bar. Overall we were happy with our vacation. The snorkelling was good right in front of the hotel. The chairs are packed in close together on the main beach but the beach at the lagoon was better. All the staff were great that we dealt with. We enjoyed walking around Peurta Aventuras every day. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hope I have picked the right hotel.

We are booked to go to the Cat in mid Feb...this will be our 6th trip there. Last year we went to Cat Tulum...so have been away for a year. Two years ago there also were some negative reviews...we saw no deteriorization in services or room s at all. Twice we have been upgraded to Privildeged rooms, free...and turned them down. We would much rather be overlooking the pools, and have no probs with the standard rooms. Pablo will be there in January...he has been there more time then us. I certainly trust his reports, and am sure all is still fine. We love the Cat. It is very laid back, very clean...maybe a little dated in places, as some of the reviews say...but what the heck...we do not live in a castle at home either. The staff will amaze you. Have a wonderful trip!

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,101 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hope I have picked the right hotel.

Yes, I think you have picked the right hotel/resort. I think the people who wrote the negative reviews lately are definitely picky. We have stayed there 6 times, got married there and will be back!!

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hope I have picked the right hotel.

It's one of the cheapest AI's in the area and you get what you pay for. As long as you know this and your expectations are realistic, you can have a good time regardless of where you're at.

Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hope I have picked the right hotel.

Is fishing season open in Feb.

8. Re: Hope I have picked the right hotel.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2014, 06:17