We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Children's charities in/near PA

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
1 post
Save Topic
Children's charities in/near PA

Hello,

We are travelling to Puerto Aventuras at the end of the month and had hoped to visit with some local children and give some donations to a worthy organization in the area. Based on info I found on this forum, I contacted the Little Yellow School House on Isla Mujeres as wekk as the Educentro/Friends of Puerto Aventuras organization. I contacted them both via their websites as well as via their facebook pages, but haven't heard back from either organization. I'm wondering if anyone has any additional info regarding how to get in touch with these groups, or if there is another organization/facility we could visit that might appreciate some material donations (school supplies, toiletries, toys, etc.)

Thank you!

Whitney

Gresham, Oregon
Level Contributor
230 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Children's charities in/near PA

Their is an orphanage in Cozumel that we visited last May. We brought two suitcases of clothes and spent time with some if the children. Quite impressed with what is going on there for the kids. If you want more info, please send me a private message.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,385 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Children's charities in/near PA

No need to travel all the way to Cozumel or Isla!

Here is a link to a local Puerto Aventuras charity organization that would welcome your kindness:

www.friendsofpa.com/

Give them time to respond!

Edited: 14 January 2014, 15:44
3. Re: Children's charities in/near PA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 06:19