We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting friends at catalonia yucatan

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting friends at catalonia yucatan

Just found out some good friends are staying there at same time as my trip to Cozumel will I be able to visit there if not staying there?

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,834 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting friends at catalonia yucatan

The only way to visit any all-inclusive resort if you're not staying there is to buy a day pass. Prices vary but I've never seen one that I'd consider particularly cheap.

Another option could be to meet your friends somewhere off site, such as Playa del Carmen.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,522 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting friends at catalonia yucatan

Meeting in Playa del Carmen is a great suggestion! Have them take a cab to the ferry terminal area from their resort then you come across by boat and meet them there. You all can explore the town together, or go to the local public beach, or enjoy some of the great bars & restaurants there.

The day pass to the CAT is fairly expensive for what they offer, plus you will have to add the cost of your round trip taxi fare from the ferry terminal as well.

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting friends at catalonia yucatan

My friends are in a group of 12 and tend to be good tippers so maybe we can sway management to let me in for half a day or so

romford
Level Contributor
4,446 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting friends at catalonia yucatan

We stayed at SMB last Aug and visited our friends at EDR. We had to puchased a day pass at a cost of $70 each. This gave us access to their resort from 9am-5pm on an all inclusive basis.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting friends at catalonia yucatan

You (or they) will have to buy a day pass. You won't be able to use the facilities without purchasing one even if they are big tippers.

6. Re: Visiting friends at catalonia yucatan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 06:18