We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pure Chill at Catalonia Riviera Maya

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Des Moines, Iowa
4 posts
Save Topic
Pure Chill at Catalonia Riviera Maya

I've heard word that an upgrade to "privileged" is required to use the Pure Chill bar at CAT...is this true, and if so, how do I go about it and how much does it cost? I've always frequented that bar because of its location (our room is always right behind it.) Would be very disappointed to miss it this trip!

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pure Chill at Catalonia Riviera Maya

Yes...you def have to upgrade to use the Chill. I emailed the Cat. Rates seem to be around 25 to 30 per day, per person...according to their website, and people on this site. If you are a repeat visitor, have you tried asking for a free upgrade? We have twice been upgraded..and turned it down, due to room location. Leave next week for our 6th visit. Sure is worth a try, especially if not going during really peak season.

Des Moines, Iowa
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pure Chill at Catalonia Riviera Maya

Thanks for the reply. I tried snooping through other posts about this...they all talk about standard rooms vs. upgraded rooms. We've already upgraded to an oceanfront room...does this qualify as the upgrade, or is it strictly for use of the roped off beach and Chill bar?

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pure Chill at Catalonia Riviera Maya

hmmmm...not sure about that...but believe it is if you upgrade to "preferred". I am sure some of the regulars will know, and answer your question.

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Mission, Abbotsford
Level Contributor
5,176 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pure Chill at Catalonia Riviera Maya

Yup, need to be upgraded to "Privileged" to use the newly upgraded "Pure Chill" bar & the accompanying beach section where you have drink service & nice comfy lounge chairs.

Pablo

Sun 9:58 PST

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pure Chill at Catalonia Riviera Maya

Just got back. You now need to be Privileged to use the Chill Out bar and the beach chairs in that area. We upgraded to Privileged when we purchased our package. It was very cheap. We talked to people who tried to upgrade when they got there and were told it was not possible even though there is lots of advertising on the resort about upgrading. Many people like you who previously frequented the Chill Out bar were upset. The resort is good about treating return visitors well so that might help you.

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pure Chill at Catalonia Riviera Maya

Thanks for your reply CinammonHeart. We leave in 2 days for our 6th visit...and yes, the Cat has always done the best they could for us. However, that won't help us with the Chill Bar, as we are a group of 16. The rest have never been before, and none have upgraded. They are upset, and I tell them it shouldn't matter to them for their first time. They should not even notice the change really. For us, yes, it is a problem, but we have gotten used to the idea of no chill. What the heck...can't let it ruin our vacay, and we spend a good amount of time with our fav bartender, Gregario at the Margarita Bar.

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pure Chill at Catalonia Riviera Maya

Does the CAT still define the difference between privileged & non privileged guests by using green and silver wristbands?

Looking at making a 4th trip around May time but its been 2 years since I last went, only just discovered there is now a separated area of beach with the pure chill for privileged only

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pure Chill at Catalonia Riviera Maya

Our Privileged bracelet was a light purple.

9. Re: Pure Chill at Catalonia Riviera Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Aventuras