We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Reservations

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
saskatchewan
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelo Reservations

We are going to Barcelo Tropical the start of April.

Can we......Should we prebook our dining reservations before we depart?

We understand it could be quite busy at that time

Thanks

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Reservations

you cannot pre book your ala-cartes... you have to wait til you check in.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Reservations

I would also add that you need to go over to the dinner reservation desk as soon as you are checked in and before you even go to your room. We had to sit there a while to get dinner reservations confirmed. They will also try to tell you a restaurant is full but we said that's unacceptable and they miraculously found us a reservation time.

You never know for sure, but the start of April shouldn't be too bad. Its after spring break and well before Easter so you are missing the very high occupancy times. Hopefully you don't have any problems with reservations.

Edited: 13 March 2014, 12:54
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Reservations

Just to confirm as the others have already replied, I just came back and I had emailed the resort ahead about booking dinner reservations and they said that they can only book them upon arrival. We went straight to the desk in the lobby after check-in and it did take a bit of time but we were able to make reservations for 8 out of our 10 nights (we always prefer to go to the buffet on our first night since we're pretty tired and we decided to go there on the Wednesday for the Mexican theme - there is a different theme every night). We were in Club Premium so this did allow unlimited a la carte dining. Also, do want to mention that we paid $25 each ($15 for my 10 year old son) to go to the French restaurant at the Palace and it was definitely worth it - fabulous food - best by far. We also went twice to the Japanese - once where we sat at the Teppanayaki (sp) table - great show and really great food and once where we just ate off the menu - also very good. We went twice to the Seafood so if you like fish, then I highly recommend it. Finally, we went to the Mexican, Steakhouse and Italian - all good as well. Have fun - wish I was still there!!

4. Re: Barcelo Reservations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 05:27
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Aventuras