We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code at the Cat?

Montreal, Quebec
Level Contributor
340 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Dress code at the Cat?

I would like to know how severe they are at the Cat regarding dress code.

During the day to get a hamburger do I need to put a shirt and shorts on, is ok to wear flip flops?

If I want to go to the buffet for lunch do I need to cover up? ( meaning no too shorts shorts and no flip flops? )

I am not a dressy person, I am casual I wear yoga pants a tshirt and a pair of nike's to work and in my personal life! I dont need to impress anyone

I guess dressing up would be fun for a change... :)

Would I need to go buy a little black dress for supper and a nice pair of shoes to be able to dine at night.

I read some reviews regarding dress codes, women wears sun dresses etc... How do I know I wont be refused at the door of a buffet... and do not tell me you;ll know when you;ll be refused :P

Level Contributor
311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Dress code at the Cat?

We had a fabulous holiday at the Cat. I am pleased to say it seems to be anything goes as far as dress code goes, if you stood and looked around at any time of day you would see people in every sort of clothing from really casual to really smart and all were accepted just the same.

There were so many different nationalities all with their different style of dress you seemed to almost be able to tell just by looking at their clothing what country they were from.

As for the al a cart restaurants people did seem to dress up a bit, but I didn’t see any men in closed-toed shoes. Almost all had on long shorts and my son age 16 had flip-flops on, We were greeted with a huge smile from all the staff and seated at our table.

If you are staying at the Cat for two weeks don’t forget to ask for six restaurant tickets at reception when booking into the hotel, so you can book restaurants for your second week. We could not book all six in one go, but had to go back about five days later to book for the second week. To be honest this was better as we then knew what trips we were going on and booked the meal later in the evening.

You book the restaurants at the snack bar from about 8.30 in the morning. Do it on the first or second day or you may not get a reservation, don’t loose the ticket as you need to take it with you.

12. Re: Dress code at the Cat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 06:20