We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

edss ocean front room vs premium

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
edss ocean front room vs premium

Hi we are looking at staying at edss in may and have a choice of ocean front room or for a little extra premium room. can any one offer any suggestions?

Thanks

Choctaw, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
324 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: edss ocean front room vs premium

The premium block is new and the rooms are large and modern. The premium block is at the back of the resort furthest from the beach, but It does have it's own pool. You will have an ocean view from the top two floors. The ocean front will be the closest to the beach but most views are blocked by the palm trees. These are older rooms, but nice.

It actually just comes down to preference. There is a resort map on the Karisma website. There is also an El Dorado Seaside Suites facebook page where you will have your questions answered within seconds as there are many active posters.

scotland
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: edss ocean front room vs premium

Hi we are booked up for may flying from Glasgow we never had the option to book the premium block when we booked, we had the choice of ocean front rooms or the swim up suites only, have since contacted Thomson requesting the premium block but they say it isn't bookable and it is allocation on arrival ?

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: edss ocean front room vs premium

Hi

When i first looked premium was an option for about £50 more but now it's not.

just ocean front rooms.

We are looking at 26th of may.

Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: edss ocean front room vs premium

Hi

We are also booked into this hotel for November this year. I tried to discuss the premium block with Thomsons today as their website shows the Premium Junior Suite as a room type but in the advertisements but you can only book a "Luxury Junior Suite" as an upgrade.

The question I have to anyone that has booked through Thomsons is is this the Premium section or just an upgrade in the original part of the hotel?

Thanks

scotland
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: edss ocean front room vs premium

That's what i think people are getting confused with premium suites and the new premium block, i have asked Thomson about an upgrade myself but there is none available and its down to EDSS to offer the premium block upgrade if there are any rooms available, ThIs resort seems to be pretty much booked solid so i guess its pot luck what's available when you arrive.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: edss ocean front room vs premium

I booked online for early May on the 25th March -only choice available was junior jacuzzi suite, no upgrades listed?

scotland
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: edss ocean front room vs premium

i actually booked in Feb this year, travelling on the 3rd of may from Glasgow only two options as above junior jacuzzi suite and swim up jacuzzi suite as a bookable extra of which there was only two swim up's available.

Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: edss ocean front room vs premium

I have heard back from Thomson today. The in store team were unsure and asked EDSS directly. The response back was that the "luxury" upgrade is not to the premium suites. They then quoted me £80pppn to upgrade to the premium block. This seems so expensive that it must be wrong for this upgrade? I think I will leave it and discuss with the hotel on arrival. I'm sure the standard rooms will be lovely anyway...

Hendersonville...
Level Contributor
57 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: edss ocean front room vs premium

We were in room 3105 for 9 nites. Should be perfect. 20 steps to pool, out of front door, to 4ft deep pool that is 12 x12 when busy you are standing in water shoulder to shoulder with your new friends. 40 steps out the front foor to beach with one 50 ft area ankle to waist deep area for all rooms , with a bunch of kind people who believe that all the beds in that area can be secured with a book or flip flop.Like I said should have been perfect, be ready for 35 minute waits for a sandwich at 2pm, and 45 min waits for dinner. If you can change your reservation than please change it, can pm me for more info.

Level Contributor
4,310 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: edss ocean front room vs premium

Defiantly oceanfront, in one now!! Premium at back no view, bit high rise