We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Transfers.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Private Transfers.

Hi

Returning to EDSS in November, flying in with Thomson.

The four of us are looking at private transfers. I've been looking into prices. I wondering if anyone has used the Thomson private transfer recently.

Any good?

Sandra b

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,587 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Transfers.

You'll almost always pay more for transfers booked through a third party. At the very least, you should price out what it would cost you to book this yourself directly with the transfer company and then you'll know if what Thomson is offering is a good deal.

I've used several different transfer companies in the past and would highly recommend them all. Specifically - USA Transfers, Cancun Valet and Dream Days (Escalade service, not limo).

Although I've never used them myself, Canada Transfers gets great reviews and usually comes in a few dollars cheaper than the competition whilst offering some nice extras like cool towels and the ability to pre-order $1 beer and soda. Another highly praised company is CARM.

Here are some links:

- http://www.entertainment-plus.net/ - Entertainment Plus and USA Transfers are the same company but I find this one more user friendly than their other website - http://www.usa-transfers.com/

- http://www.cancunvalet.com/

- http://www.dreamdays.com/

- http://www.canadatransfers.com/

- www.cancunandrivieramaya.com/transfers/

Co-Pilot, another DE and frequent poster on these forums, recently put together a pretty extensive list that you may also find useful:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150807-i8-k726312…

Edited: 22 April 2014, 15:00
Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,587 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Transfers.

Oops, that link to Co-Pilot's list appears to be incorrect. Try this - tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g150807-i8-k7263124…

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Transfers.

Thank you for the information.

Sandra b

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,017 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Transfers.

Also see the info over in top Questions

From the Puerto Aventuras Destination Experts

FAQ - Airport Transportation and arrival information

Common facts on arriving at Cancun Airport and types of transportations

Airport Transportation (prices are based for Akumal. PA is slightly cheaper)

What are my options - here are now FAQs on Taxis, buses, Shared and Private Transportation ... (more)

Airport Arrival information

Great FAQ by another expert - Llisa ... (more)

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Transfers.

Thank you for the replies.

I've just booked the Escalade with Dreamdays.

Even with an extra bottle of wine the price is good.

Especially as I will be paying the balance with some of the winnings I brought back from Vegas a few weeks ago! Result!!

Sandra b

Utah
Level Contributor
248 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Transfers.

I have used USA transfers the last 2 times. They have been very good to work with and very affordable, especially as you add more people. as was mentioned, web site is easy to use, pay once you arrive at the hotel.

Carrickfergus...
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private Transfers.

Hi sandra,we are arriving with thomas cook and have booked with USA transfers they get a very good review and cost us one hundred and forty dollars return to hard rock hotel river maya, the reason for this was because it takes over two and a half hours on the coach with TC, seven in our party and you don't pay them until you are on the shuttle I had confirmation all within 24 hours and all the details about pick up at airport and return.Ray

Northern Minnesota
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private Transfers.

I agree with the others with USA Transfers. Very good service and good prices!!

Niceville, Florida
Level Contributor
34 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Private Transfers.

We booked our trip through Apple and they include transfers however this time we have decided to book a private transfer for 4 of us. I booked through Canadiantransfers. They were a tiny bit cheaper ( 5.00) and they gave you the option to add 1.00 coronas for the ride. Since we are staying at the Barcelo the thought of 1.5hr commute with possible stops seemed exhausting! When we stayed with Iberostar it was only about 35 minutes with a few other stops....do doable. Will report back when we return. Hopefully the best 70usd we spend!

Erie, Pennsylvania
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Private Transfers.

Just returned from PA (Cat Riviera Maya), booked through cheapcaribbean (same as Apple), and used the shared transfer. Had two other stops on the way there - maybe took an extra 20-30 minutes total. Had one other pick up on the way back - about 15 minutes extra. For the $80 USD it cost us to book with the package, I think it was a really good option and a way to have more money in my pocket to spend shopping in Playa.