We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams puerto aventuras resort and spa.

Hesperia, California
Level Contributor
103 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams puerto aventuras resort and spa.

Thinking of staying at this resort for my wedding but I'm wondering if the water are super clam and turquoise blue. I've looked at pictures and the pictures I've seen I just don't see that. If someone could help thank you.

Ponte Vedra Beach...
Level Contributor
106 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams puerto aventuras resort and spa.

The water is not always completely calm at this resort. There are sometimes small waves and a little chop, but the bay is protected by a reef so it is pretty calm. It is however on a beautiful bay with a mostly sandy entrance to the water, but there are some rocks that you have to watch for. It is a beautiful setting and there is a large palapa sitting on the point of the bay that I have always thought would be a beautiful spot for a wedding.

On the Dreams website you can click on a live webcam and get a constant view of the water in the bay and make that decision yourself.

There are definitely better options if the beach is your number one priority though. Have you looked at the Bahia resorts a little further down closer to Tulum?

Best wishes on your wedding wherever you decide to go!

Roanoke, Virginia
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams puerto aventuras resort and spa.

I'm here now. Yes, water is calm and lovely but having seen this resort, dreams Tulum and secrets Capri... I'd not book dreams pa for a wedding. Dreams Tulum is gorgeous though.

Edited: 24 April 2014, 18:17
Roanoke, Virginia
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams puerto aventuras resort and spa.

I'm here now. Yes, water is calm and lovely but having seen this resort, dreams Tulum and secrets Capri... I'd not book dreams pa for a wedding. Dreams Tulum is gorgeous though.

Edited: 24 April 2014, 18:18
Roanoke, Virginia
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams puerto aventuras resort and spa.

Back in the states and at a computer and wanted to give you a more complete answer after staying for a week.

Dreams PA is beautiful, but more concrete than it appears in the pictures. The lushness is not apparent on arrival... only when you are out in the water. It is also not as spread out/large as the pictures make it appear. We saw numerous weddings there and they were lovely. The wedding chapel overlooking the water is lovely, but you need to know it is not as isolated from the hotel/beach as it looks. The whole place is fairly compact. I was never in the chapel for a wedding, but I wondered if the noise carried out to the ceremony from other guests. That said, I do love having the bridge to cross to the separate space for ceremony and saw great pictures taken of the wedding party sitting on the bridge. We saw two great receptions: one was on a point of the beach that juts out into the water. They strung white globe lights and had dinner/dancing. It looked lovely and fun. The other I was impressed with had the swing bar and Patio restaurant (prettiest one on property imo) for their reception. El Patio and the swing bar are sort of around a corner from the main area of the resort, so that would probably feel quite private. Two very good options.

I thought Tulum was a prettier resort overall but after seeing these two weddings, I could definitely say that Dreams PA is a good wedding site.

Things to know:

The hotel is in good, but not exceptional, repair. There are some chipped tiles, etc. We found the service to be very good too. Not as over the top as it was at Secrets Capri, but very good.

The guests are a mixture of families on vacation - including very young children and babies - and groups of rowdy adults. The resort was very loud at night until the wee, wee hours. Oceanview rooms are over the pool which means noise from adults at night and early rising kids in the morning. We were on the third floor... higher floors might be less impacted by the noise.

All said, this is a great resort but if you can afford it, your best option really is to go down and tour a few resorts you like best online to find the perfect one for your wedding. I will say that we've been happy with both our stays at AM Resorts... the chain is strong in general. Good luck!

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
419 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams puerto aventuras resort and spa.

We have been to this resort twice (17 days total) and will go back again. We talked to so many people that attended a wedding here and all loved the resort. What makes this place special is it is small and best of all is the location - The Town of Puerto Aventuras has so much to do within a 10 minute walk of the resort - gated so very secure, nice shops, marina with dolphins, seals, manatee's free to walk around and see. Pool side noisy until maybe 10 at night, never saw any rowdy adults or children. The water color will depend on the time of year weather etc. both times we were there it was super clam and turquoise blue. I doubt the water could ever be even a little rough because of location. Resort was 4 star over all with the food and service 5 star. We rate it a little above Secrets Capri because of the beach, food and the location. This is a hour from the airport so you should take a private transfer if you go USA tours have the best price we could find.

6. Re: Dreams puerto aventuras resort and spa.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 05:20