We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ek Balam Ruins

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Utah
Level Contributor
248 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Ek Balam Ruins

Has anyone gone to the Ek Balam ruins? What is the travel distance/time from PA? Any thoughts or hints for the area?

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,736 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ek Balam Ruins

I think that it took almost three hours driving from Playa del Carmen going north to take the toll road.

If you intend to drive, consider getting the Mayan Adventure map/guide from cancunmap.com

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ek Balam Ruins

If you go to Ek Balam, work in a stop at Valladolid and a cenote or two in the area. We loved Ek Balam! My kids had so much fun climbing the structures, and it was fascinating to see how many mounds were there to be excavated. Only a small portion of the site has been uncovered.

Utah
Level Contributor
248 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ek Balam Ruins

We have a couple contacts for a tour, there will be six of us. Looks like the Maya Cenote is close. I will look into the stop in Valladolid. The total travel time may be an issue though if it is 3 hours. I think it would be worth it, but just trying to get the rest of the group on board.

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ek Balam Ruins

We used Entertainment Plus for a private tour, and they were fantastic. You get to set your time to leave your resort, and you dictate how much time you spend at each attraction. They also have coolers for you to use, and will stop for you to pick up water or whatever else you need. You end up beating the bus crowds. It is a long drive and a long day, but really worth it, IMO.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
765 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ek Balam Ruins

there is also a cenote at Ek Balam.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,442 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ek Balam Ruins

Very true, randren. Not a cenote fan and I often forget to mention. Good you did.

Utah
Level Contributor
248 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ek Balam Ruins

Thanks, I checked into entertainment plus, seemed affordable and flexible. I think it will worth the time. thanks again

8. Re: Ek Balam Ruins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 05:16