We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Greensboro, North...
11 posts
Save Topic
Hard Rock Maya Riviera

Hello all,

Fiancee is in love with HRRM! I want to go, but it seems like this hotel is so far from the main town area. We plan on doing excursions, sight seeing at least 3 days, going for 6 nights. Tulum, atv tour, cenote, etc and then maybe exploring the town 2 days if possible. Would also love to go snorkeling, and maybe scuba one day. Also wanting to have dinner in town/local one night at least.

Would this still be a good hotel to go to? She is in love with the Brazilian steak house, I really like the resort and the tapas bar sounds awesome. What does everyone think?

Greensboro, North...
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hard Rock Maya Riviera

Also, as far as night life, is it to far to go for night life in playa del carmen?

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,843 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hard Rock Maya Riviera

Rent a car

About $35 a day with all the insurance

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hard Rock Maya Riviera

We love the location, but of course we typically try to spend at least some of the time at the resort!! Sounds like you have something planned off site almost every day of your trip, so I don't know if it really makes sense to stay at HRRM or not in your case, it really is a bit isolated, about a 20 min or so ride into Playa.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hard Rock Maya Riviera

Just got back from the HRRM Grand Opening and Bon Jovi Concert.

Resort was nice and we had a blast. If you want something in town how about PlayaCar Palace?

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
783 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hard Rock Maya Riviera

This is closer to Tulum than town.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hard Rock Maya Riviera

The grand opening was just over a month ago on May 3rd and 4th. If you mean the town of Puerto Aventuras, that is just a few minutes away. Playa del Carmen 20 - 25 min by cab each way. Unless you are getting a really great deal, it may not be worth it to stay here if you plan to spend so much time off resort. It is a large resort with a good bit to do and see on-site.

Abilene, Texas
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hard Rock Maya Riviera

For your snorkeling idea you should check out H2oh cruises. Its in Puerto Adventuras which is close to Hard Rock. H2oh is a four hour cruise and it goes to this beautiful spot to snorkel there are turtles, really nice coral, and lots of marine life. Also has an awesome lunch lay out waiting for you. My family and i stayed at Dreams and walked around the marina to stumble upon the yacht. Gorgeous boat looked like the biggest too! We had alot of fun here so hopefully you will too! I wish you luck on your travel!

8. Re: Hard Rock Maya Riviera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 05:16