We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody stayed at the other Catalonia properties?

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Utah
Level Contributor
248 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Anybody stayed at the other Catalonia properties?

Has anyone stayed at the Catalonia Maya Riviera/Yucatan AND some or all the other Catalonia Properties in the area? How do they compare?

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,522 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anybody stayed at the other Catalonia properties?

The adult-only CAT Royal Tulum is on a fantastic stretch of beach. As an alternative destination, there is also the wonderful CAT Bavaro in Punta Cana that has both a family-friendly section and an adult-only Royal section. We found all of these other CAT properties to be superior to their CRM/Yucatan in Puerto Aventuras.

WV
Level Contributor
3,527 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anybody stayed at the other Catalonia properties?

CRT is a great adult property. Haven't been to CPM @Maroma but service at Catalonia hotels is always good and that beach is beautiful

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anybody stayed at the other Catalonia properties?

I have stayed at all three Catalonia properties. I love Catalonia Maroma and Catalonia Royal Tulum because of the beaches and fantastic service and have stayed at both several times. I won't return to Catalonia Riviera Maya because of the beach even though the service was good.

Utah
Level Contributor
248 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anybody stayed at the other Catalonia properties?

Thanks for that information. I have heard that the beaches at CRT and Maroma are very nice, That would be a plus and worthwile to check out. The beach at the Cat is less than ideal, but with the lagoon area and PA village.....it has kept us returning. That said, we are looking to change it up next time. How far is CRT set back or away from Tulum village? Is Maroma set back from the highway by itself, or is there a small village surrounding it like the CAT?

Punta Cana is definately an option. In fact , we started talking about it as we lay on the beach at the CAT just a week ago. Is the Royal section at the Bavaro in the Dominican something like the Privilege upgrade at the CAT?

Boston...
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anybody stayed at the other Catalonia properties?

CRT is not actually in Tulum, it is down the street from PA and about 25-30 minutes in a car from Tulum.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,522 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anybody stayed at the other Catalonia properties?

The adult-only Royal at the CAT Bavaro in Punta Cana is totally different than CRM's 'Priviledge' upgrades. It is a completely separate & self-contained resort exclusive to registered guests, yet you have complete access to their adjacent family-friendly resort for lots of other dining, entertainment, and shopping options.

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anybody stayed at the other Catalonia properties?

Neither Catalonia Maroma nor Catalonia Royal Tulum are in a village. CRT is right on the highway so access to public transportation (colectivo) is easy. Catalonia Maroma is well off the highway although the road leading in to the resort is now completed.

Utah
Level Contributor
248 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anybody stayed at the other Catalonia properties?

This is sounding like a difficult decision. Seems like the price is comparable. The ease of use to the collectivo is also a plus for CRT. It sounds like out of CRT and Maroma, it may be if we want an adults only vacation or not. I will search the forums on the Dominican Bavaro too as it would be nice to try one of the Catalonias' in another country. All good info, thanks so much.

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Anybody stayed at the other Catalonia properties?

Yes I have been to a couple.our first resort ever was cat Rivera it was wonderful.then on a girls trip we did cat tulum. It was also great , but views from rooms where not that great.in 2012 we went back to cat Rivera and was very disappointed with it .way to many smokers uggg .we have been to others in the area that have been much nicer.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
4,168 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anybody stayed at the other Catalonia properties?

Me and the Redhead have been to Cat Maya Riv, Cat Royal Tulum and Cat Playa Maroma. Cat Royal Tulum is worth the price difference. Better everything.