We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams PA

Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams PA

I'm giving this resort some serious consideration and I'd love to get opinions. I'm really hoping someone can answer the following questions to help make my decision easier:

- My biggest concern, based on initial research, is the beach. Can anyone comment on what the quality of the beach? Is it as rocky as it seems? Good for swimming/snorkeling?

-How is the food?

-Tipping. I'm new to Mexico and I hear different views on tipping. People have told me some resorts absolutely refuse to allow tipping and staff can actually get in trouble for accepting tips. Others have said some resorts you must tip to get service, and still others say tipping isn't required but it helps. What's the deal at this place? It says all gratuities and taxes are included in my package, but is tipping for good service still expected?

Never been to a Dreams before and they are usually out of our price range but I found a great deal(if the resort is a good choice). I really appreciate any advice that can be offered. Cheers

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams PA

We have been to Dreams PA twice. Loved it both times. The shore is a little rocky but you can navigate through into the water. We did not use water shoes. The cove there is very good for snorkeling. We thought the food was excellent. We always tip for good service. If I could find a good deal I would book us another trip. Hopefully in the near future we will be back!!

Larchmont, New York
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams PA

The beach is nice and the cove is clear water. We really enjoyed the kayaking and snorkeling. There is a cool natural pool also.

I thought the food was fine and the bars serve great drinks. The bar by the beach (Barricude I think) was great. I would recommend tipping. No need to throw down like you are a millionaire, but tipping for hard work is appreciated. We generally tipped a buck or two for drinks, especially when service was accompanied with a friendly smile or a conversation. So recommend tipping room cleaners and dinner wait staff.

Happy to answer any other questions.

Overall I think the resort was a good place at this price point.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,249 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams PA

Snorkeling / beach is best at Barcelo or in the Akumal area

4. Re: Dreams PA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 July 2014, 18:27
5. Re: Dreams PA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 05:15