We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catalonia Riviera Maya - Birthday Plans Help

Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Catalonia Riviera Maya - Birthday Plans Help

Hello everyone. Thanks in advance for your help.

My sister & I will be celebrating her 50th birthday at Cat. RM Sep 11-21 & we're so excited! I was hoping to see what I could arrange in advance at the resort - say order a birthday cake or dessert, have the entertainment team mention it, maybe a reservation or certain table at a restaurant.

I have tried emailing the two addresses on their website (rivieramaya.guestservice and .reservaciones @ hoteles-catalonia.es) several times & not had a reply. I messaged them on Facebook & received a prompt reply, but they suggested emaling the concierge at the .guestservice email. I tried it again, but nothing yet.

First - anyone who has been there, any others ideas for options for a birthday at Catalonia RM?

Second - anyone with an alternate email address?

I will message through Facebook again if I don't hear anything. And I have some other things planned but the birthday is Sep 12, so doesn't leave a lot of time upon arrival to arrange anything. I thought I'd ask the forum.

Thanks again.

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catalonia Riviera Maya - Birthday Plans Help

I would be interested as well my husbands birthday while we are there I also like to try and organise something for him.

Level Contributor
248 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catalonia Riviera Maya - Birthday Plans Help

We have celebrated a couple birthdays while at the CAT. Instead of trying to arrange a cake etc, we upgrade to the honeymoon pkg. It was about $150 usd for the week above and beyond the privilege upgrade. The honeymoon rooms have the outdoor garden tub, they put a sash up on the door, give you some wine and chocolates the first night. the hotel photographer will take some picks of you and you get 1 free developed picture. also, 1 special romantic dinner up by the Tapas restaraunt on the terrace, and a couples massage.

All the restaraunts have great deserts, just take some candles with you and when you get there and ask the hostess to have the waiter add them to the desert. The staff will treat you right.

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Mission, Abbotsford
Level Contributor
5,185 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catalonia Riviera Maya - Birthday Plans Help

Hola MsChif & Welcome to the forums,

They probably will answer your email eventually, ..... Maybe, as they receive hundreds daily :-)

But if they don't, here's what you do. It looks like you arrive on the 11th & the birthday is the 12th correct? If so, as soon as possible on the morning of the 12th go see guest services. If you are in a "Privilege" room, there is a small hut for "Privilege" guests just to the left of the bottom of the ramp leading out of the lobby of the Riviera Maya side, there is a "Privilege Concierge" in there. Go see the person in there. If you are not in "Privilege" go ask at lobby desk to see Guest Services.

They will help you out, they are very accommodating & try their best....

If not, if you simply ask the El Capitain at whatever restaurant you happen to eat at that night, he/she will see that they whip together a birthday cake for you.

We've celebrated many a birthday & even our 35th Anniversary for friends & ourselves there in our 12 visits. We arrived one time on the day of our Anniversary in the evening & after checking in went to the buffet to grab a bite. When they found out it was our Anniversary they had a lovely cake brought to our table along with a bottle of Champagne.

Hope this helps!

Sat 10:52 PST

Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catalonia Riviera Maya - Birthday Plans Help

Thanks for the info! We did the Privilege upgrade so I will do what you suggested. I appreciate your help.

We're getting really excited...gonna be a great trip. Hopefully no hurricanes - Cross your fingers for us. :)

5. Re: Catalonia Riviera Maya - Birthday Plans Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 05:17