We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Difference between Puerto Aventuras & Playacar beaches

Level Contributor
699 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Difference between Puerto Aventuras & Playacar beaches

Hi, planning a first trip to Mexico for my husband and myself. Looking at IB Tucan and also the Kentanah Palladium. How are the beaches at the Palladium, does anyone know how they compare to the Tucan? Thanks.

youngstown, ohio
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Difference between Puerto Aventuras & Playacar beaches

Been to both resorts...both are very nice. In my opinion, though, if the beach is what is important to you, I think the Palladium wins. It is very long and wide and filled with palm trees. Lots of palapas for shade. Some pretty good snorkeling there too. The Tucan beach is very nice...can't beat the color of the water in Playacar. But the resorts in Playacar are right next to each other and you don't have as much beach as you do at the Palladium. More on the Palladium and its beaches can be found at the Palladium addict web page:

san diego, ca
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Difference between Puerto Aventuras & Playacar beaches

If quality of the beach is important, I'd suggest the IB Tucan. The Palladium is isolated, this is true, but the beach area there has many rocks, ect...

The IB Tucan's beach is well known for being soft and sandy with the beautiful blue water water that Playacar is famous for.

The Palladium beach area is long, but is rather narrow, and there are only a couple of spots that are actually ok for entering the water to swim.

West Chicago...
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Difference between Puerto Aventuras & Playacar beaches

Playacar wins hands down. Puerto Aventuras was kind of in a cove with no waves and lots of rocks.The Gala Playacar just had the most beautiful, perfect swimming beach. If you walked a little further south there were some rocks which mean there are fish to look at. So rocks are sometimes a good thing, depending on where they are. And if you like fish!

4. Re: Difference between Puerto Aventuras & Playacar beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 15:17