We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Hotel

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
247 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown Hotel

I will be attending a Quincenera in July. The Church is Templo Expiatorio in downtown. What is the best hotel in downtown, so I an not too far from the Church and reception. I will be traveling with my wife, kids, and a large group of family members. I have seen the Howard Johnson, is this the best option?

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
6,261 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown Hotel

Why not just commute in for the party from Guanajuato? (see my reply to your other posting)

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
247 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown Hotel

It sounds like a great idea, but I am not sure how late the party will go on for, and I hate to go back to Guanajuato City at 2 or 3 in the morning. I am just looking for one night, and spending 3-4 days after the Quincenera in Guanajuato City. But, I appreciate your input.

leon gto
Level Contributor
29 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown Hotel

in downtown check this 2 hotels , Hotel León is located in main plaza in León .it will cost you about 60 dollars a night, the rooms are renovated and the food in the restaurant is the best in town, other good hotel is Fiesta Americana, is not exactly in downtown but very close (10 minutes or less from downtown), this hotel is part of a big chain, it has pool, 3 restaurants shopping mall etc .it costs about 110 dolars night. i hope you will enjoy your stay in my city.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
247 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown Hotel

Thank you Cantador70. I love your idea of Fiesta Americana. I wasn't sure how close some of the chain hotels were to downtown, but 10 minutes is not a lot, and I have been to many Fiesta Americanas thru out Mexico, and I have never had a bad experience. Thanks again.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Downtown Hotel

Yes, the Fiesta Americana is very nice with a beautiful pool (freezing for swimming but great for photos!). There are other cheaper options such as Holiday Inn etc. that are only 10-15 minutes from the center (cabs are cheap).

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
247 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Downtown Hotel

Thanks SteveMex. I am planning on going to Queretaro on July. Any tips on hotels in downtown, and any other info about Queretaro?

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Downtown Hotel

Actually I'm now a Queretaro exile :)) (I live in Tequisquiapan now.) What is your budget? Lots of options from 30-300 USD a night.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
247 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Downtown Hotel

I would like a 3 star or higher, prefer downtown, but I know that is nearly impossible to find any hotel with a pool for kids, in any downtown in any colonial city in Mexico. 150 dollars and under.

I was also interesting on stopping by Tequisquiapan, and possibly Bernal.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Downtown Hotel

In Queretaro La Casa de Marquesa is the nicest downtown hotel at 120 USD a night plus tax. It's quiet but only 200 yards from the main plazas - a really unique historical hotel. See www.lacasadelamarquesa.com. Other nice options of smaller hotels are Casa del Naranjo (79-127 USD plus taxes depending on room - including breakfast - see www.lacasadelnaranjo.com- Or Quinta Zoe (65-85 USD including taxes) - see www.quintazoe.com.

In Tequisquiapan La Granja (de-paseo.com/Tequisquiapan/…LaGranja.htm) is a beautiful modernised property (with pool!) and very central. Rates from 120 USD a night. Villa Florenciia (www.villaflorencia.com.mx/hotel.htm) is supposedly very nice but more pricey at 150 USD a night. There are lots of cheaper alternatives in Tequis but many of them are overpriced in my opinion - 80-90 USD a night for a place half that price in most of Mexico.

Bernal's nicest hotel is Casa Mateo (www.hotelcasamateo.com.mx) which I looked around today. Very nice property just off the main plaza (with pool) for around 115 USD a night.

You could easily spend a night in one of Bernal/Tequisquiapan and do a half-day trip to the other if you are short for time.

(Apologies for getting off topic of the original post!!)

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
247 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Downtown Hotel

Thanks for your help SteveMex. I appreciated, and look forward to my trip, and taking Queretaro off my to do cities in Mexico.