We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places for shopping leather goods, shoes, etc?

Which Leon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
8 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Best places for shopping leather goods, shoes, etc?

Can't wait for our upcoming visit to Leon, GTO and SMA. Need to find a hotel in Leon and ideally one that might be convenient to the best places to shop for leather goods. Otherwise happy to cab it.

Thanks for any recommendations regarding the shopping.

Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best places for shopping leather goods, shoes, etc?

Hi,

The leather district starts on the same street as the bus station and goes for several blocks. There are some indoor malls with lots of stores as well as hundreds of stores lining the streets. You might want to check in several stores to get an idea of prices before you buy.

Have a great visit!

I've never stayed in a hotel in Leon as I live in Guanajuato, which is just an hour away. There are several hotels listed here on Trip Advisor.

Cindi

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best places for shopping leather goods, shoes, etc?

Hotel may be a good idea as my wife needed 2 days to get her fill of the huge leather market,

Still the direct bus is under an hour & the bus station is across the street from the huge leather market.

PS Pictures of Leon's downtown square looks interesting so will visit next trip & I enjoyed the zoo a lot especially the gorgeous white tigers.

Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
8 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best places for shopping leather goods, shoes, etc?

Thank you for the recommendations! Very helpful.

Safe travels in 2014 everyone.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best places for shopping leather goods, shoes, etc?

Hottson is an Embassy Suite-ish hotel near the zona de piel. Plaza Mexicana is a few steps closer and cheaper. Has a Starbucks and Crapplebee's on site if that's your thing. There is a Holiday Inn Express right at the entrance to the zone. Skip the more pristine malls to find the best prices. There is a small shop on 102 Taxco called D'ame worth visiting for jackets made of a leather from a cross between goat and sheep, the name of the critter escapes me. If you have time, and they don't have your size or color, they will probably make one in a couple of hours.

5. Re: Best places for shopping leather goods, shoes, etc?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 02:15