We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fake review of Grand Velas??

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
318 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Fake review of Grand Velas??

Really surprised to see such a negative review of the Velas - recently posted as

"I Guess It Depends What You Are Accustomed To..."

This is completely at odds with my experience and the many other outstanding reviews.

Wondered if anyone else thinks this might be a fake review?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Fake review of Grand Velas??

people often mistakenly post reviews of Velas Vallarta on the Grand

Velas sight. I suspect that you may have read a reviewer that inadvertantly did this. These two hotels are very very different from one another.

Granite Bay, CA
Level Contributor
582 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fake review of Grand Velas??

I was thinking the same thing. Although, some people can't be pleased and others just enjoy complaining. It's got to be frustrating to those who are/or might visit this great place. Hours to make reservations for dinner--that just doesn't make sense. To all who have not been to the Grand Velas--it's the best! I've been to many nice places, and it really is something special.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Fake review of Grand Velas??

I completely agree PV # 7. I have seen many bad guests at very nice hotels. It must be a hard business to be in with some guests behavior as such. I went and read the review, at they state that they paid 1,000 usd per night. Makes me think they were indeed at the Grand Velas. Hard to imagin someone couldn't be happy there.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,957 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fake review of Grand Velas??

Apparently some people just don't know how to relax.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Fake review of Grand Velas??

boy you said it and said it well. I can only imagine how tightly strung some are if they are this wired when on vacation.

cheers

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
40 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fake review of Grand Velas??

I read the same review and was thinking - some people go through life miserable and looking for something to blame it on - the reviewer's other reviews looked like someone who can't be pleased with anything. I'd rather be the person with "low standards" or whatever the phrase was, and have a great time on a nice vacation.

7. Re: Fake review of Grand Velas??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 00:19