We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nuevo vallarta

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Midlands
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nuevo vallarta

I am travelling to Nuevo Vallarta next Tuesday 3rd July from U.K.

Staying at the Riu Jalisco. I am quite worried about the very mixed reports that have been posted, however, does any one have any information of the weather at this time of year. Do i need to take an umbrella.

Glitterfarie
Level Contributor
4 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nuevo vallarta

Hi,

I'm travelling too next tTuesday (3rd) from Manchester been worried about the weather also.

Looked at a few posts on here and by the sound of things it's fine during the day and rains at night but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Desperate to find out!!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
67 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nuevo vallarta

Our group of 17 is heading to Nuevo for a week on Saturday. We were there in early July last year, and had rain (with spectacular thunder and lightning) one evening, that was it! I had been following the weather forecasts, and they said thunderstorms every day, which was not the case. The weather was very hot and humid. We did not need umbrellas, but we did take a couple, and will again this year.

We took alot of clothes we did not wear, because it does not cool off much at night. All you really need are bathing suits & cover ups or shorts & light shirts during the day, then light clothing in the evening . The resort we stayed at last year (Marival - which we loved) relaxed it's dress code for the a la carte restaurants during the summer, so the men could wear shorts and sandals. We are staying at the Palladium this year. They have their dress code in effect year round, so the men will be bringing along closed-toe shoes and long pants (poor souls - luckily the restaurants are air conditioned!).

I hope this helps you with your planning!

England
Level Contributor
318 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nuevo vallarta

Hi

We travelled from England to Nuevo Vallarta last July and we're going back again this year.

It rained quite a lot last year, but generally the weather was quite tropical - so it cleared up again quickly too. The weather is still warm even if it rains, and generally you can find a comfortable bar to relax in. So it's not like this miserable weather in England at the moment.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

green bay, wisconsin
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Nuevo vallarta

we just got back from the riu jalisco. it is a great place no worries . there is alot to do and see there and just like anywhere else the food gets boring after awhile .

be careful at the air port the time share sharks are there and if you dont look at them they leave ya alone but if you look lost they will see it and try to talk to you ,.,keep walking till you get to the last room the taxis are waiting almost out side ...no worries it is a great place !

Midlands
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nuevo vallarta

Very many thanks for the replies to my post. All the information is much appreciated.

Glitterfarie i too am travelling from Manchester. Can't help but spend today thinking this time next week we will be on the plane.

Can't wait.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nuevo vallarta

My experience is that http://www.wunderground.com has the most accurate weather forecast. However, just relax for if it rains, it will be a warm rain and usually the showers are over in a short period of time. Actually, the last time we were Mexico and it rained, we rather enjoyed it! Have a wonderful trip!

7. Re: Nuevo vallarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 09:17
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
Recent Conversations