We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

banks books and coffee

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver island
Level Contributor
155 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
banks books and coffee

Hello All Fellow Travellers,

Since I'll be away for two weeks,and do not really want to transport too many books,is there any used ENGLISH lol bookstores,new used around?I'll be at the Royal decameron,ohhh and are there any movie theatres in P.V?Hope there is good coffee there,cannot handle drinking coffee that is also used to for scaring off burglars,creating intestinal distress,[worried enouhg about that lol]as a backup for fuel.Oh and a little something...went to my bank Coast Capital,and they said unless your debit/bank card has a chequeing account alot of the Mexican Atm will be pissy and may not work!I am actually going to change my canadian into pesos here,Victoria, apparently doing it at home is easy,embarrased to say my father suggested it!!This is a tourist city as well.Good comparable rate as well . happy frolicking

Sechelt, Canada
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: banks books and coffee

Hi, there is a book exchange right at the RD, so bring 1 book and exchange it as required..!! I only have a savings account and the bank in Bucerias gave me money with out a problem {a 20 min. walk from the RD}. Coffee is another thing...I am also from the west coast and enjoy a good cup of coffee, you will not find it at this resort..!! I have heard of people bringing their own coffee and making a trip to the WalMart near the Marina and buying a cheap coffeemaker. Also cream is non-existant at the RD. Hope this helps and we will be there June 17 to July 02....maybe we'll see you there.

Crash

Markham, Canada
Level Contributor
645 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: banks books and coffee

Hi Crash,

Hope you have also read my reply from another message thread.

You know we Canadians are very fussy about our coffee. It has to be good (in whatever our own way we define), and it should go with cream as well. Or at least, half and half.

So, where can we find the coffee cream? Does RDC supply only milk to go with the coffee? Or should we bring along coffeemate with our own coffee grounds as well?

9 days to go before leaving.

Sechelt, Canada
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: banks books and coffee

fsp4u,

it has been 1.5 yrs. since I was at the RD so it might have changed a bit.....I wasn't able to find any cream at the resort but I'm sure you could get it at the Paradise Village mall in Nuevo...maybe the coffee has improved ? we have been to 2 other resorts in the area since then and niether of them had good coffee or cream . You will be able to buy a lb. or two of good coffee in the stores in the area but I am not sure of the prices... bye for now,

Crash

Sechelt, Canada
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: banks books and coffee

29 days and counting.. :}

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,230 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: banks books and coffee

Just as a note. Coffee mate is common in Mexico, but coffee cream is very rare. One of the few places you can find it is indeed the Paradise Village Mall (Sunset Market). I haven't been able to find it anywhere else in Puerto Vallarta area.

Have fun