We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice on tours

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dover, PA
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Topic
Need advice on tours

I'm taking my 11-year-old son to RDC in January. I've already booked the day tour on the Marigalante. If we go on the whale watching/dolphin tour to Marietas, will we be basically doing the same things as on the island stop for the Marigalante? We swam with the dolphins in Puerto Aventuras, so I don't want to repeat that. At this point, it's a toss-up between a horseback tour or a zip-line tour, I think. Thoughts? Advice? Thank you!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
3,993 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice on tours

We did the Los Veranos canopy (zip line) tour with 3 teenage daughters this past March. I think your son would have a blast. Guides were very good, felt very safe the whole time - they really looked after everyone. Afterwards - can swim in the river and visit their small "zoo" with monkeys. The girls (and my husband) had a blast feeding them.

We stayed at the RDC as well, booked our tours with Scott's tours in Bucerias - maybe a 15 - 20 min walk from the resort. He has a website as well that you can google. Have fun - whatever you choose.

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice on tours

Los Veranos Canopy Tour is incredible. Also, Vallarta-Adventures.com has an Outdoor Adventure tour that has more than just zip lines.

3. Re: Need advice on tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
Recent Conversations