We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SkyService Airlines.

Kamloops
Level Contributor
111 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
SkyService Airlines.

Has anyone traveled lately on this airline and if so some reviews of meals, entertainment, service etc, would be grealy appreciated.

Thanks, Debby

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
691 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: SkyService Airlines.

Travelled to PV Oct 26/07 back Nov 2/07

Pre-book your seats. I usually take an aisle seat with hubby across for a little extra room - row 10-15 seats C + D not too close to the bathrooms, The middle seat is a killer, very cramped.

The entertainment is a movie. The meal is basic, no big deal, just something to get you by. They are very busy so there is no service to speak of other than serving what THEY have planned. Aisles are narrow so when they are in it nobody goes anywhere. 3 bathrooms for LOTS of people.

1. snack

2. papers for customs

3. drink - coffee, tea, pop ($5.00 for beer, wine, liquor)

4. meal

5. coffee, tea

6. collect garbage

7. duty free

Only 4 1/2 hours from Toronto, goes quite quickly and is tolerable.

Summary - means of transportation ... worth it when you get there...

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: SkyService Airlines.

its a means to an end. As good as any other charter company.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,913 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SkyService Airlines.

Squish-service. Lol

but no worse than other charters.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,799 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SkyService Airlines.

The last 3 years we've flown Skyservice Calgary - Cancun and I'm 5'11" and lots of room for my legs. Seat width was another matter and you're squeezed in pretty good. Food was mediocre. But knowing where you're headed you can put up with nearly anything for 5 1/2 hours.

Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
48 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SkyService Airlines.

We flew down last December on Sky Service. They had more leg room than the last time I remembered but the return flight was 12 hours late. You get what you pay for unfortunately.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,799 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SkyService Airlines.

Ahh! an extra 12 hours in paradise. Unless you had to spend it at the airport. :-(

Pt. Coq., BC Canada
Level Contributor
600 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: SkyService Airlines.

Known for NOT being on time. Last Nov./Dec. we had a 12 hour delay in the Vancouver airport so ended up loosing a day of our vacation. Service - there is none. That trip there was the worst one that I have ever been on. This year we are trying Alaska Airlines, hope that they are better or at least on time, that would be a nice change from SkyService who for the last 3 years that we flew with them there was always a delay and usually due to mechanical problems.

Hope your flight is on time and goes smoothly, you'll have a great vacation once you arrive.

Lin5054

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,799 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SkyService Airlines.

We've either left on time and arrived on time, left late but still arrived on time or left late and arrived late but have never been late by more than 2 hours. And the latter was last year when part of it was due to having to de-ice the plane again.

Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
48 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: SkyService Airlines.

Actually, the 12 hour delay was great. We had 12 hours of sunshine which was quite sparce that trip. They allowed us to have full privileges at the hotel for the extra 12 hours and skyservice gave us a gift voucher to use on our next flight with them. If I had a choice thought I still wouldn't use skyservice again.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: SkyService Airlines.

Whenever we fly to Mexico we have to fly to a hub and then on to Mexico. Seems like anymore none of the airlines do much to accommadate their guests. Last year, we had to fly to Chicago and the Chicago Bears football team was playing in the Super Bowl as we left the airport. They made us all sit in the plane for over an hour because their was an electrical problem which I trully think they were just trying to hook up the Super Bowl broadcast on the radio.

By the way, you get meals on your flights?! :)