We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bucerias....pizza & Canadians

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
331 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Bucerias....pizza & Canadians

Hello All

We will be leaving for Bucerias in 6 weeks (can't wait:)..Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a good pizza in Bucerias. I know, I know, ..I love Mexican food but am also a pizza freak and like to try a pizza or 2 anywhere I am. Suggestions anyone??? Also, I remember reading on this forum some time ago that there is a bar in Bucerias where Canadians meet every Sunday afternoon..I think it was called El Pescadore(?) or maybe I am just imagining...anyone ever heard of this one??? Thanks for your help.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bucerias....pizza & Canadians

great pizza in Bucerias is at El Lugar in the town square. When looking at the church, it is to the left and on the second floor. The owner is Alvarro and most of the waiters speak some english. It's great. Used to be another place called Za but it is closed. Also try Rito Baci on Lazaro Cardenos.

Not sure of a bar where Canadians meet - except every bar. haha. Lots of Canadians in Bucerias.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,289 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bucerias....pizza & Canadians

Another really good pizza place is Frascati in La Cruz, the next little town north but almost an extension of Bucerias. It's open from 5 until 11 (not for lunch). If you take the northbound bus towards Punta Mita, you get off at the only stoplight on the Highway at La Cruz (the main street) and walk about 3 blocks down the main street and it's on your right. They speak good English.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,951 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bucerias....pizza & Canadians

The Bar that Canadians met at on Sundays was El Pescador to see 'Bubba and the bottom feeders" which is a band that has now disbanded.

NW Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bucerias....pizza & Canadians

I would have to agree with the El Lugar. Za HAD great pizza but the El Lugar also has or had a fantastic band playing last year. We were there for 3 weeks & ate there numerous times-everytime had a great meal. For dessert...we just walked down stairs to the street vendors & bought fried plantain with hot chocolate sauce squirted in it or a big horken piece of chocolate cake. MMMMMmmmmm good! Can't wait to taste it all again in 2 weeks for 4 weeks this year.

Thank Goodness they make clothes with elastic waists and tankinis. LOL

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
331 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bucerias....pizza & Canadians

Thanks all.....I'm drooling already!!!!

I hear ya Duces...40 more days till we go; this time for 3 weeks in a condo. I am recovering from a broken ankle and am trying to watch what I eat right now (it's hard) so I have some semblance of a beach body, only to gain it all back down there lol! The food is sooooo good....not to mention the cervezas!!

Next mission: to find a good neighbourhood bar in Bucerias with friendly faces..can't wait:)

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bucerias....pizza & Canadians

Another bar is the Oasis, it is over the footbridge down the road past Marks and Karen's Place, before you get to the Royal Canadian..err I mean the Royal Decameron. It is a sports bar, you can watch all the hockey games there!

calgary
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Bucerias....pizza & Canadians

Don't know about pizza, but every time I am in Nuevo Vallarta I make a trip to Marks Bar & Grill. Best food and atmosphere.

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
185 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bucerias....pizza & Canadians

All recommendations you have rec'd so far are good. We also tried the sports bar: Yoyomo's and their pizza is excellent. Bar owner is a former Calgarian. We also experienced good hamburgers & entertainment sort of kitty corner to yoyo's at the "Twisted Rose" and good atmosphere & entertainment at Bucerias Gardens (These places are all visible from one another on Ave de Mexico about two blocks north of the town square.) You might try the Bucerias forum - a lot of discussion there about bars, Canadians, pizza, food, etc., etc. We met Canadians every where we went in Bucerias - I think we're the 2nd highest nationality after the Mexicans! We're there in just over two weeks - out of the deep freeze into the deep ocean!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
331 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bucerias....pizza & Canadians

We were in Bucerias last year for 3 weeks & I found the answers to all my questions no problemo! I have to agree with El Lugar...that is the first place we ate and the pizza was really good. Za had re-opened when we were there and they also had excellent thin crust pizza, but are now closed :( There is also a pizza place on Hidalgo across from the Palacio China (I think it is called Toscana Mia??) and it was also good. Of course, my all time favourite is La Dolce Vita in PV, so when we eat there always bring back some extras for the next day lol! We will be back in Bucerias this year (6 weeks from now yahoo!) and restaurants/bars we will be trying this year are Adriatico, Rito Baci's, the Twisted Rose (last year they were just a little bar upstairs across from El Lugar), and we will be going into La Cruz on Sunday to Ana Banana's for open mic and we are going to try Philo's pizza in La Cruz (heard tons of good raves about their pizza & apparently they deliver to Bucerias!). Of course, we will be visiting the all the great places from last year....Shamrock, Yo-Yo's, Bucerias Gardens, Mark's, Sandrina's, Mezzogiorno & Tapas del Mundo. Wherever we went there was always friendly faces, it seemed :) I am looking sooooo forward to getting there....42 days & counting....

Dallas
Level Contributor
228 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bucerias....pizza & Canadians

Went to YoYo Mo's a few nights ago on our last night. Wish I would have found it earlyer. A great locals (MX,US,CAN,UK) hangout with a good pool table and cold beer. We heard people at our hotel rave about the pizza.