We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stolen money ?

gug
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Stolen money ?

I read in one of the forums that someone had money and jewelry stolen out of their safe at the RIU Vallarta. We will be going there in less than two weeks and I was wondering if anyone else had anything stolen from their safe?

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stolen money ?

We had no problem there with safe

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
133 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stolen money ?

If you read deep enough in the reviews, you will probably find something about theft from rooms at every resort in Mexico.

I think some of these people get drunk and do not remember spending the money! So they just blame it on the maid.

Who knows? All it takes is one employee in desperation! It could happen anywhere, even in the nicest hotels.

I would not worry too much about theft. I read somewhere about people bringing a lockable suitcase and storing valubles there instead of the hotel safe.

3. Re: Stolen money ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 16:16