We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code at the Riu Jalisco

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dress code at the Riu Jalisco

Hi everyone, was wondering what the dress code is Riu Jalisco. Just read some reviews and was not entirely sure re the mens dress code. Are men able to wear long shorts, sandles in the restaurants at night or do they have to wear long trousers and shoes. I gather men have to put a shirt on lunch time to eat at the restaurants which is fine by me but would a tee shirt suffice or is it strictly smart shirts. Thanks for your replies

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code at the Riu Jalisco

I think the enforced dress code depends on what day it is or something. Seems to change alot. I would pack one pair of trousers, but no dress shoes. Sandles will be fine. When we were at the Riu in Jan. most of the guys wore shorts at the restaurant and now the forum is saying that someone was turned away wearing the same. You shouldn't need more than one pair of trousers - too hot! Depending on the style of T shirt I think you could get by with it but maybe a dressier golf shirt would be better. Actually when we were there I saw no issues at all with dress codes. Of course, swimsuits etc.... are out.

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code at the Riu Jalisco

lunch time is a free for all. guys with no shirts- woman in bikinis- who should be! for dinner my husband wore pants to speciality rest. only took one pair- after dinner changed in to shorts- but agree hard to gage real policies as not consistant at the hotel

Pt. Coq., BC Canada
Level Contributor
600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code at the Riu Jalisco

Having stayed at the Riu Jalisco many times we have never had a problem with dress codes. My husband wears dress shorts and a short-sleeve shirt or nice t-shirt and sandals, no muscle or sleeveless shirts allowed for men. He always packs one pair of long pants just in case but so far has not needed to wear them. Just don't wear ratty looking clothes and you'll be fine.

4. Re: Dress code at the Riu Jalisco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 10:16