We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving Distance

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seabrook, Texas
Level Contributor
210 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Driving Distance

We are staying at The Grand Mayan in NV in Sept. and would like to go to Bucerias. Can someone tell me how many miles/kilometers it is? Cost of a taxi to there? Trying to decide whether to rent a car or not. Know we don't want to drive in Puerto Vallarta.

Thanks,

Sherry

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
566 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving Distance

Hi, we took a cab there from GM & I really dont think it was more than $5.00. Maybe more now with gas prices. We'll be there on November 12th for two weeks!!

Seabrook, Texas
Level Contributor
210 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving Distance

Thanks islands,

Much cheaper to take a taxi than worry about driving a rental. We plan to take the bus into Puerto Vallarta. Never done that before. It should be an experience.

Sherry

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
335 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving Distance

Don't worry, it's only 2 busses into town and it's really easy.

The bus stop is in front of the Sea Garden. Take the "Puerto Vallarta" ATM bus to the Walmart (or all the way to the last stop but Walmart is easily recognizable as a point of reference) then take a "Centro" bus to town from there. There's no transfers and the fare was 12 pesos and 5.5 pesos.

The Velas Vallarta guys are right at the bus stop and will reassure you of this info, while trying to sign you up for a timeshare presentation. Don't worry, they're harmless. They joke about befriending 'tourist' that don't have a tan as they're new on vacation and 'fresh bait' to sign up.

Have a great vacation

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
279 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving Distance

Thanks for your tips, as I am going to be at the GM the last week of Oct and it is my first time in PV! Counting the days! I definitely am not renting a car, but had planned on taking cabs-maybe now I'll consider the bus some of the time!

wi
Level Contributor
102 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving Distance

How many blocks and how long does it take to go from The Grand to the Sea Garden/bus stop?

I heard that the bell-hops will golf cart you to the Sea Garden?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
335 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Driving Distance

It's a 5 to 10 minute walk from the GM to the Sea Garden and yes, you could request for a ride on the golf cart.

Regards,

7. Re: Driving Distance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 17:20