We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Paradise Village

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Topic
Just back from Paradise Village

Just returned home on Friday from Paradise Village. We really enjoyed our trip, and we were amazed at how uncrowded it was. Lots of empty beach chairs on the beach. We had 2 minor disappointments - El Farro (lighthouse bar, one of our favorite spots) at the Marina was closed for rennovations. And the ocean was not as clean as I remembered it from past trips - it looked brown. But we made the best of it and swam in it & boogie boarded anyway.

If anyone has any questions about Paradise Village or Nuevo Vallarta in general, I'd be glad to answer.

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
76 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Paradise Village

My family and I will be spending Christmas week at Paradise Village. We are to get a two bedroom ocean side unit. Do you have any advice as to which bulding/floor to ask for? I know that the rooms are only assigned upon check in but if I am prepared and ask the right questions, I would be better off. I understand that there are more than one age of units and would like to get your opinion as to which is the most modern. Thanks for your help.

Cheers.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,648 posts
448 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Paradise Village

The ocean at this time does appear to have a brownish color due to water run off from mountains after the rainy season, and we had one heck of a rainy season this year, so no worry it is and remains safe to swim....

Begininning of Nov. is usually pretty tranquil....things do not begin to get crowded till thanksgiving week and of course after holidays.

I too like Paradise Village......am at Mayan now in NV...nice also of course.....different atmosphere though...

Heading to Paradise Village next July....

What re some of your other favorite restaurants in NV? Have you ever done the AI at Paradise Village?

Thanks in advance...

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Paradise Village

As far as whether one building is better than another ... We have been there 3 times and have always stayed in the main building, and have always been pleased with it. We like being close to the main lobby.

As far as restaurants - We enjoyed Fajita Republic & Guidos in Nuevo Vallarta, Victors at the Marina, and Mezzogiorno in Bucerias. We'e never done the all-inclusive deal at Paradise Village because we enjoy trying different places. I believe it's $89 per day per person to do the all-inclusive.

We went to "shrimp fest" at Paradise Village and found it to be quite expensive, and although the food was good, not worth the cost. Each entree was about $340-$370 pesos & included salad and dessert bar. There was supposed to be live salsa music, but instead we listened to recorded disco music. (like YMCA and Saturday Night Fever). Definitely not what was advertised.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
315 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from Paradise Village

Hi. Our trip isn't until April... but we are also staying at Paradise Village and not going all inclusive. What kind of food is Guido's? I presume Italian but just want to make sure. About what price range were the entrees?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from Paradise Village

Guidos is Italian. Not much of an atmosphere - we didn't go inside, were were on the patio which is right up against a parking lot - but the food was really good. The pizzas were about $10 and the pasta entrees were about $12-$14, I think. Very reasonably priced with big portions.

oregon
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from Paradise Village

Is it safe to walk from Paradise Village to Nopal Beach Resturant or is it better to take a taxi?

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,648 posts
448 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from Paradise Village

Safe to walk, yes...but might be kind of long walk, especially if hot...at night well might be very dark and no the best idea.....would depend on your fitness level and desire to walk.

Guidos...Italian yes...also has seafood, hamburgers, club sandwiches...pizza too which run 100-160 pesos.

Hamburger 45 pesos...club sandwich 80 pesos...fish fillet 130 pesos...jumbo shrimp 295 pesos, pasta run from 115-260 pesos, salads 55 pesos to 120 pesos...chicken cacciatore 175 pesos. Beer 25-30 pesos.

No great atmosphere, but appears to be fun place, not cheap, reasonable though for area. Did not try it this trip, but many like it.

It is located just up and around corner from Mayan Sean Garden entrance....on opposite side of road.

Calgary
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from Paradise Village

Hi -- going to PV soon. Are there hairdryers in the bathrooms? Is one building better than the other? Does the bus stop in front of PV? THANKS!! Looking forward to some sunshine!

toronto
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from Paradise Village

I do have a few questions...can you get away with 2 weeks there without a car? How do you get around, buy groceries etc. without a vehicle? What about going into Puerto Vallarta - is there a regular bus to and from? Any info re. transportation without a vehicle would be appreciated. Thx

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,648 posts
448 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from Paradise Village

Yes there are hairdryers in the bathrooms at Paradise Village.

Yes, there are buses that run from NV to PV routinely as well as cabs, but that of course is more costly.

For groceries and such there is a small grocery store right at paradise Mall, called Sun Market, but I must warn you convenience means higher cost...

There is a Mega Commercial in NV ( might actually be bordering Bucerias, now I forget, sorry I am tired I just drove back from NV). Anyway you could take bus to Mega, purchase your groceries ( it is a nice store with lots of variety, like a superstore, groceries, clothes, housewares etc. as are most big chain stores in Mexico),then take a taxi back with your purchases. You could take a bus into PV for dining, adventure, sightseeing etc....and then if stay into night could take a taxi back. There have been many posts on the bus line....depending where you are going in PV I believe you have to change buses. I usually have car, so infrequently use bus. I am hoping someone else will post on the buses but if not the concierge at paradise Village will be able to advise you.