We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canopy Tours

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ohio
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Canopy Tours

Has anyone done the Canopy Tours either thru Vallarta Adventures or Charter Dreams?

And what do you think about those companys?

Thanks!

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
566 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canopy Tours

Hi!! Yes, I have booked alot of trips with Vallarta Adventures in PV, including the Canopy Tour, it is $70.00 US, gone about 6 hours, long bumpy ride (about an hour) but very fun!! The tour guides are hilarious & it is sooooo awesome, they feed you lunch & after your done swinging thru the jungle you get drinks. It was worth the money. They also have several trips they do. I have never been disappointed at any of their tours, which are all around $70.00. One of the best I went on was the "Rythm of the Night". That was incredible. They have a website you can buy from & get a 10% discount ( which helps) Its valartaadventures.com. There is also lots of reviews on there also. You will find it very helpful & I highly recommend them. I'll be in PV in Nov for 18 days!!!

ohio
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Canopy Tours

Thanks for the reply!

Have you heard of Charter Dreams? Do you think they are a good tour company?

I am taking my mom with me on the Canopy Tour, and I think she will chicken out once she sees the how high you are in the trees. What do the tour guides do if someone is afraid????

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
185 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canopy Tours

The Canopy tour is great, although beware - those drinks at the end aren't free. You think so... but wait.

They ease you into it, so by the time you realize how high you are going, you are already there! The first two or three are really short and not high up. The last few... yeehaa.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
185 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canopy Tours

I should have said that I used Vallarta Adventures. Their staff was great and I felt very safe.

Regina, SK, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Canopy Tours

My husband and I took the Canopy Tour through Vallarta Adventures in Feburary 2004. It was absolutely amazing. I am not one for heights - I get scared just climbing a ladder to wash the windows. Everything was very safe. I was never afraid of falling - the guides get you in your gear & helmet. You are not allowed to hook/unhook yourself. They hook you on and off the zip lines at ALL times. There are at least 10 different zip lines, the largest being "Big Mama" and "Papa Grande", and two suspended bridges you get to walk across (always attached to a zip line) and then at the end you lower youself back down to the ground.

It was an amazing Saturday morning! You actually get two adventures in one - the ride there and back is just as big of an adventure as the Canopy Tour.

The guides we had were very friendly and knowledgeable - they have to go through 200 hours of training prior to being a guide. There were at least 6-8 guides per tour. During the tour there will be a couple of guides with video cameras and they will try to sell you a DVD or VHS tape of your adventure - we had to buy the video because I knew that nobody back home would believe I had actually done it!

I hope you go for it!! I am glad we did! Can't wait to go back a do it again

Florida
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Canopy Tours

My husband and I just returned from Nuevo this week and we did the canopy tour. My husband is afraid of heights and did not want to do this at all but I was going so he had to go to protect me I think! :) But he was the one all ready to sign up and do it again when it was over!!!! I was WONDERFUL!!! I would recommend it to all! Very very safe! If you go do the Vararta Adventures tour there are 3 places that have it this is the best we asked around and this one was highly advised. The other person that wrote in about the trip was right it's like getting 2 for 1 with the trip up the mountain, that is an adventure in it's self!!!! :) Have fun!