We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jalisco Rui

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
Level Contributor
148 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Jalisco Rui

Looking forward to 1 st trip there in Feb. Anyone know if they serve Candian blend whiskey ? And can you take your own insulated cup and have them fill it ? Also where is the best location for a room in the resort ? I like it quite at night. ANY input will be appreciated ! Never been to the west side before. Only to Cancun and Playa. Looking forward to whale watching...any input on tours ??

Thanks

saskatoon
Level Contributor
73 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jalisco Rui

Avoid the rooms by the kitchens. They are located right beneath the lobby. The hall is tiled and the food carts are noisy as they pass the rooms on the way to set up for breakfast. There was some construction on the property to the South. The best time to change rooms is on check-in otherwise before 10 am. We were moved with minimal hassle to ground floor overlooking courtyard-great!You can bring an insulated cup,but why when you have to wash it out. There was poolside servers at the adult pool only last year.Alcohol was no name. Vallarta Adventures is the big outfit and is located 5 min drive from hotel.Canopy tour was great and equipment safe.Sea Life Park fun.Last year there was a problem with getting locks for the in-room safes.Nice people. Would go back.Have fun.

edmonton
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jalisco Rui

Take your own Canadian Whiskey. We've learned by mistake. If they serve any it will be Canadian Mist which tastes like . . . not good.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jalisco Rui

smalltown402 - Bring your own cup, we were just there in December and there is no problem with that.

Also if you are looking for quiet good luck, it is simply a very noisy resort but that is the only complaint I can even think of from our 2 vacations at the Jalisco.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
714 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jalisco Rui

Smalltown... suggestion..email the Jalisco at least a week in advance and request a higher floor room that is non-courtyard (that's where the noise). Oh-no, thought it was only the "sconies" and Canadians that brought the insulated cups -- now the Minnesotans?!! Too funny! While I have to admit... it is a really good idea...less trips to the bartender. We prefer the west side of Mexico to the east side... they have mts!! Have fun!

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
257 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jalisco Rui

We were there 3 years ago...our room was quiet after the show was over...which for us wasn't a problem since we were out and about until about 11 or 11:30. During the day, it was nice and quiet...no pool noise, not near heavy foot traffice. We were on the 5th floor facing out to the ocean. I would be over the lobby and buffet restaurants. It was a great room!

Have a great time!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
55 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jalisco Rui

Hi Sallown402,

I remember seeing Canadian whiskey, so that shouldn't be a problem. Actually, I've always been pretty happy with he liquor quality - except for the rooms. Other than Tequila, the rooms liquor is pretty lame. I've had J. Walker Red scotch, Beefeaters gin, Pernod, Jim Beam, etc.

The hotel does a good job of keeping things quiet after the show is done. Last stay, due to some unfortunate circumstances, our family was in 4 different rooms. All were okay. However, there is a lot of marble and that lets sound carry. If you need quit you want higher and in the back with no view.

7. Re: Jalisco Rui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 19:19
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
Recent Conversations