We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIU palace Vs. Dreams...

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Topic
RIU palace Vs. Dreams...

Was looking to book 1 of the 2 can someone that has been to both maybe compare the 2. Or any other imput on the 2... thanks in advance.

-T

p.s. also going to post this on the PV board.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: RIU palace Vs. Dreams...

Dreams Villamagna or the other Dreams? We stayed at the older Dreams with the two towers and private beach 4 years ago and we stayed at the Riu palace last month.....let me know which dreams you are looking at.

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: RIU palace Vs. Dreams...

the one that is all the way to the south. thanks

wisconsin
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: RIU palace Vs. Dreams...

Like I said we went to Dreams 4 years ago. Since then I believe they have made some major renovations. When we were there it was an older hotel that probably could have used some "freshening" up. Don't get me wrong we really enjoyed our stay, but it was our first trip anywhere. Since then we have been to the Dominican, Playa del Carmen, and then back to Puerto Vallarta. The Private beach at Dreams is nice to have, but we enjoyed the ability to walk for miles in either direction at the Palace. I would say the one thing that Dreams has on the palace is the fact that EVERY room is an ocean view room. Location - Dreams I belive is a bit closer to the downtown area...not sure how much closer.

I could ramble for a while.....is there any specific comparison you would like my opinion on??

Mentioned in this post
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RIU palace Vs. Dreams...

Funny I just posted asking the same thing. Dream's looks like they only have one tower updated. So I guess it's not that different than 4 years ago. How would you compare the service, food, pools, drinks, beach, entertainment, activities. Also did you notice if one had less kids?

Thanks!

detroit
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RIU palace Vs. Dreams...

My Husband and I are seasoned VAllarta travelers You will be very happy at the Riu Palace. It is a very beautiful Hotel. We are thinking of staying at the brand new place Next door the Riu Pacifico but the rooms are a bit pricey. But fabulous I am sure they are all suites I dont think there is a great deal of lush gardens yet as it is so new. Also dont even think about the Palladium in PUnta de MIta we just got back 2 days ago It was a disater vacation because of our problems there. I am so sorry we did not go to the Palace again.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
Punta de Mita
Punta de Mita
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: RIU palace Vs. Dreams...

I decided to stay at dreams in PV. I want to be able to go to town and it only take 5-10 mins and only a few bucks. The trip to PV from NV is just too long and too much $$$.

-T

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,575 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RIU palace Vs. Dreams...

We just got back last night from Dreams south side and enjoyed ourselves very very much. The water is so much clearer then Nuevo and we saw so many strung rays, whales and fish :)

It was so nice to be a 50 peso cab ride and we went into PV much more then we do in Nuevo.

We still like the long beaches for taking loooong walks and the ocean better in Nuevo for swimming then the Dreams beach. Ocean at Dreams seemed quite rough with bigger swells then Nuevo.

Marival pools were nicer then Dreams, Dreams food and drink blew Marival out of the water. WOW it was good. I went there expecting to eat alot off the resort and ate almost every meal there.

It seemed cooler on the Dreams side compared to the flatness of Nuevo and there were no many snake imprints each morning as we saw daily in Nuevo. I asked why no snake tracks and the Dreams worker explained that Nuevo has many more snakes as they have more marsh??

We did do a really cool hike into the jungle from Dreams.

massachusetts
Level Contributor
128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: RIU palace Vs. Dreams...

I am also trying to decide between Dreams and Riu Pacifico in Nuevo Vallarta for my honeymoon in Oct.

I'm a little confused with the posting from Quincy2(sorry if I got your screen name wrong) Did you stay at the Dreams in NV or in PV? I've been to a RIU in Cabos and it was AMAZING but the dreams resort also looks gorgeous.

So there are allot of snakes in NV??!!!

Mentioned in this post
Nuevo Vallarta
Nuevo Vallarta
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Los Cabos
Los Cabos
Baja California Sur, Mexico
Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,575 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: RIU palace Vs. Dreams...

Dreams in PV sorry about that

And we saw sooo many snakes tracks each early morning. I asked the Marival staff about it and they said they had alot of snakes crawling around in the middle of the night and dawn plus lots of bird tracks beside them.

10. Re: RIU palace Vs. Dreams...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 13:20