We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Rui Palace Pacifico

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about Rui Palace Pacifico

We have never been to Nuevo Vallarta or any of the Riu's. Just had some questions for anyone who has been to Palace Pacifico.

1- How are the beaches & swimming?

2- Is it true you get drink service on the beach?

3- Are there floats to use in the pool?

4- Is the waking up early to book restaurants & finding a chair as big of a problem like I keep reading?

5- Which restaurants were your favorites?

6- Did you visit the other resorts for nightlife & was it worth it?

7- Any tips you can give about the resort or NV

Oh one last thing. This resort is about $300 more than Rui Vallarta. Is there a big difference between the two, or it's worth the extra money?

Thanks!!!!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about Rui Palace Pacifico

Also is there still a lot of kids or was that just because they had a promotion when they opened?

New Berlin...
Level Contributor
47 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about Rui Palace Pacifico

We were at the Riu PP a week ago. It was a fabulous trip, great resort, very very clean and very good service.

1. The beach was clean, not crowded, plenty of chairs always available. Not much shade but we went back to pool area after swimming in ocean. Many folks using boggie boards for surfing - free. The pool is huge and warm and oh I miss it!

2. Yes, you do get drink service on the beach and by the pool.

3. No, there are no floats to use in the pool.

4. We "reserved" our chairs by the pool when we went down for breakfast about 9:30 AM. We were always able to get a couple of chairs and a little table. As long as you are not fussy about getting a chair under an umbrella right next to the pool. We usually picked a place on the opposite side from all the activities - it was quieter and less crowded. Just throw your towel on the chair and then go have breakfast. We were able to make reservations at the specialty restaurants 5 nights while we were there. I never got up early. Usually made the reservation around 10:00- 10:30, sometimes later in the afternoon. You can make 1 reservation by email before you go.

5. We enjoyed the Mexican restaurant best. But that is an individual choice based on one's preference in food. My wife was not that happy with the steak and lobster served at the steak house, I had the lamb and it was great.

6. We did not visit the other resorts.

7. We made a trip into Puerto Vallarta via cab. It was well worth it. Nice town with a lot of shopping and sight seeing on the beach.

Hope this helps,

Adios,

Miguel

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about Rui Palace Pacifico

Thanks it does help! Did you notice a lot of kids? I read some reviews about a zoo of kids & local's & there kids. Just wondering if that was just because of the promo they had when they first opened.

Also did you use room service? If so how was it?

Thanks again!

New Berlin...
Level Contributor
47 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about Rui Palace Pacifico

Not many kids while we were there. Some days, there were none in or around the pool. Best time of the year to go is while the kids are in school. IMO

Sorry, we did not use room service at all.

Have a great trip!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions about Rui Palace Pacifico

Yes, were thinking May. Just wanted to make sure it was nothing like when they first opened. They said kids were driving off the pool bar lol. NO WAY!

6. Re: Questions about Rui Palace Pacifico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 19:18